Jeep Commander Forum banner

Will adding a CAI void the Factory (OEM) Jeep warranty?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Kubuliking 
#1 ·
By adding an after market cold air intake filter ...like of a K&N filter, will that void the Jeep warranty?

#2 ·
No, everyone here who's done installed one has done so well within the warranty period. Its also covered under the Manguson-Moss Act, which says that aftermarket components can't void a warranty unless the component is proven to have caused the problem or failure.

#5 ·
When you say the filter box, do you mean the box where the filter's installed, or just the snorkel and the resonator box that's attached to it?

I'd only be concerned if you were going through water that's above the top of the bumper.

#6 ·
Won't be a problem unless you're going in deep water. Lots of members have done this. I have an Cold Air Intake so no snorkel and no box.

#9 ·
Not to rain on your parade -- and I have no direct experience with Jeep on this issue --but I know that Land Rover was particularly militant about denying claims where a K&N had been installed. LR claimed that the oils on the K&N would affect/destroy the MAF. In fact, I had a K&N on my discovery for 60K miles with no problems (although I never re-oiled it) and the truck started throwing codes related to the MAF after a new enginge was installed (under warranty and it's a really long story) and LR refused to cover the MAF under warranty and blamed the K&N -- despite 60K trouble free miles with the K&N. So, long story short, I like the K&N but don't know how Jeep will respond to warranty claims with a K&N installed. Although you could always take out the K&N before service.

#10 ·
Markbalbrecht said:
Not to rain on your parade -- and I have no direct experience with Jeep on this issue --but I know that Land Rover was particularly militant about denying claims where a K&N had been installed. LR claimed that the oils on the K&N would affect/destroy the MAF. In fact, I had a K&N on my discovery for 60K miles with no problems (although I never re-oiled it) and the truck started throwing codes related to the MAF after a new enginge was installed (under warranty and it's a really long story) and LR refused to cover the MAF under warranty and blamed the K&N -- despite 60K trouble free miles with the K&N. So, long story short, I like the K&N but don't know how Jeep will respond to warranty claims with a K&N installed. Although you could always take out the K&N before service.
"Taken with a large grain off salt!!"
Anyone else have any thoughts about this and how it relates to a Jeep?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.