Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the FAQ and stickied threads but can't seem to find an answer. I have 1.5in spacers with stock wheels and I am looking to get the widest tire possible. I'm not too concerned about height as long as the tires don't look like rubber bands. I was looking at the Hankook Ventus AS in 275/55/R17.
Does anyone know if these will fit? I have no lift, only the 1.5in spacers.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
I have read the FAQ and stickied threads but can't seem to find an answer. I have 1.5in spacers with stock wheels and I am looking to get the widest tire possible. I'm not too concerned about height as long as the tires don't look like rubber bands. I was looking at the Hankook Ventus AS in 275/55/R17.
Does anyone know if these will fit? I have no lift, only the 1.5in spacers.
I think I can say with a fair amount of confidence that those tires will NOT fit without a lift.

It's not the width but the height of those tires that will be the limiting factor for you.

P265/70R17's are about as big as you can squeeze in without a lift and even that's pushing it.

If you have stock rims - with your 1.5 inch spacers, you can probably squeeze in P265/70R17's without a lift.

If you have aftermarket rims - it would depend on what backspacing they have.

You could just always visit a local tire shop and ask them if you want a second opinion - I'm sure they could look up the information for you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 275/55/17 tires are a little shorter than the stock 245/65/17 so the height will be fine ... the stock ones are about a half inch taller .... but with the 275/55/17's ... your fronts will have issues when turning. Meaning they won't lol. There will be rubbing that I can't say the pinch weld mod and the inner wheel well re-molding mod will fix ... I would guess they wouldn't, but I say that because I've never seen that width tire on a stock setup before.

I use this chart whenever I want to compare tires or rims ... particularly with different offset rims ... https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
The 275/55/17 tires are a little shorter than the stock 245/65/17 so the height will be fine ... the stock ones are about a half inch taller .... but with the 275/55/17's ... your fronts will have issues when turning. Meaning they won't lol. There will be rubbing that I can't say the pinch weld mod and the inner wheel well re-molding mod will fix ... I would guess they wouldn't, but I say that because I've never seen that width tire on a stock setup before.

I use this chart whenever I want to compare tires or rims ... particularly with different offset rims ... https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
I stand corrected.

The Commander's stock tires 245/65R17's are 29.54 inches tall.

275/55R17's are 28.91 inches tall.

TIre Height Chart

rifle said:
Pretty cool site rifle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts