Size 22x9
Offset +40MM
Backspace 5.73

I plan on getting these (hankooks) tires for it, will everything work>

http://www.belletire.com/TireResults.aspx

·
Registered
809 Posts
What are the tire specs? (link not working)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry About that, the are

Hankook VENTUS ST
265/35ZR22 102W

·
Registered
809 Posts
RH06? You'll love that tire. The tire will fit for sure (its a little smaller than what I have on there now) and the rim should fit too, maybe with a spacer?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure this is the combo I'm Getting. Now for the TPS sensors. To add them will cost me $160. I want to keep my stock set of tires for winter/sand dunes, and ride rims for summer. Anyone know where to get cheaper tps sensors?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
my chrysler dealer was a little cheaper, $34 each. i have wheels and tires on order from discount tire, they sold me the tpms stems for $113, but I did get the wheels and tires at the same time

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I found a set of rims online that is a awesome deal. The specs for the rim are

5x5 Bolt pattern
Size 22x9
Offset +40MM
Backspace 5.73
You might want to check the specs on those wheels. Something isnt right. Its impossible to have 5.73 inches of back spacing on a 9 inch wide wheel with +40mm offset.

If the offset is correct, then those wheels wont work because the back spacing would be approx. 6.6 inches which wont clear the upper ball joint bolt.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can someone post the maxium values of offset and backspacing for a stock commander.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BUMP For This Thread.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I couldn't give you concrete numbers for your offset/backspacing question, but I can tell you that with my 275 tires on stock rims plus 1.5" spacers (and a RC 2" lift) I just barely had some rubbing on the fender at full lock. Somewhere in that mess of numbers should be the answer to your question.

·
Registered
127 Posts
On my WK I had a 30mm offset with a 20x8.5 wheel, and they fit nice, allowing the tire to clear the bolt. On my XK with a 20x8.5 wheel with a +35 offset, the tire is very close to the bolt, and that is with a 275/55-20, and I did get some light rubbing. Now keep in mind that both were lifted 2". I do not think that a 20x9 with a 40mm offset would work. I would stay away from spacers as well, but that is another discussion.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes they worked. Heres a pic.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts