Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just finished installing a Warn winch and an LED driving light bar,

My brother fabbed up some stainless tubular mounts that bolt up to the factory tow hook plates. I then replaced the factory tow hook 10.9 bolts with 12.9's. He then drew up a plate design and we had a local metal fabrication shop press it out of 3/8" stainless steel and laser cut the fairlead opening and round off the corners. I like the look and there was no need to do anything with the bumper. Next year we are going to remove the bumper and replace the factory center with a reinforced piece to rigid up the frame rails.

The light is a BrightSource DOT approved street legal driving light and it is insanely bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looks stellar

Reactions: Flex

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
Hey guys,

Just finished installing a Warn winch and an LED driving light bar,

My brother fabbed up some stainless tubular mounts that bolt up to the factory tow hook plates. I then replaced the factory tow hook 10.9 bolts with 12.9's. He then drew up a plate design and we had a local metal fabrication shop press it out of 3/8" stainless steel and laser cut the fairlead opening and round off the corners. I like the look and there was no need to do anything with the bumper. Next year we are going to remove the bumper and replace the factory center with a reinforced piece to rigid up the frame rails.

The light is a BrightSource DOT approved street legal driving light and it is insanely bright.
Nice work @Flex;

Good to see you back on the forum.

Reactions: Flex

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just been busy bud. Building two engines and fixing various break downs like my control arms.

I did make another change. I added studded 265/70/17 Duratracs on some Wrangler rims. I bought the rims for $100 from a guy who blacked them out and used them as winter rims. I had to fold the seam and pin back the well but it gave me enough clearance to run the bigger tires.

I like it. It looks mean.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
Just been busy bud. Building two engines and fixing various break downs like my control arms.

I did make another change. I added studded 265/70/17 Duratracs on some Wrangler rims. I bought the rims for $100 from a guy who blacked them out and used them as winter rims. I had to fold the seam and pin back the well but it gave me enough clearance to run the bigger tires.

I like it. It looks mean.
I hear you my friend....I like the rims & tires, it looks good.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The studded tires are awesome. Been hunting with it for a few days. Haven't had anything stop it yet.

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
The studded tires are awesome. Been hunting with it for a few days. Haven't had anything stop it yet.
What were you hunting?

Did you get anything for dinner?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts