Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy everyone. Ok, I have searched through several other posts and haven't really found what I was looking for. Even private messaged a few folks with no response so... Here's a post asking: :ugh2:

Who has found a good winch bumper for their Commander? What brand is it? Where'd you get it? About how much did it run?

I had a nice rock crawler bumper from Warn for my XJ and REALLY want something like that for my Commander.

Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

·
2,248 Posts
If you click on the search box next to "New Posts" above and type in the search box "winch bumper", you will find all kinds of information.

I am trying to stay out of trouble by not telling you about the member on here who build them but is now not a paying supporting vendor.

I am sure that you will figure it out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I figured that one out. Just, as I go through the listings I see a lot of folks stating that would like this one or that one or asking how many people would like...

Maybe I will try again. Tonight I only did a quick search and saw the same threads over again.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I am trying to stay out of trouble by not telling you about the member on here who build them but is now not a paying supporting vendor.

I am sure that you will figure it out.
As mentioned above... but we wouldn't get in trouble telling him where we bought the bumper, Ross just can't promote it. If that was the case, no one could link to lifts and tires or anything else...

I'm just a little surprised you havent found it yet, but since it is friday i thought I would give you a hint instead of giving you crap (FTC approved) about not figuring it out. What is the common denominator behind all of the threads you've looked at that have to do with the bumper? There is only one person on this site who has built and sold them. Have you seen the stickies that tell you how to install it?

By the way, have you checked out Phunkeydude's commander?
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4930

And there is this thread about a new offroad adventure site may be something you would be interested in.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8977

If you don't figure it out from here, than..... :shrug03:

PS, im not trying to be a jerk, just having a little fun. We are a sarcastic bunch around here, so just take it in stride

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Check out the bumper on mine, you might like it!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I love it... can I have it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did get it

I did get it, no worries on bein' a jerk or anything. I wanted to know about alternatives as well. Is it that the unnamed vendor is the only one that supplies the bumpers?

As mentioned above... but we wouldn't get in trouble telling him where we bought the bumper, Ross just can't promote it. If that was the case, no one could link to lifts and tires or anything else...

I'm just a little surprised you havent found it yet, but since it is friday i thought I would give you a hint instead of giving you crap (FTC approved) about not figuring it out. What is the common denominator behind all of the threads you've looked at that have to do with the bumper? There is only one person on this site who has built and sold them. Have you seen the stickies that tell you how to install it?

By the way, have you checked out Phunkeydude's commander?
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4930

And there is this thread about a new offroad adventure site may be something you would be interested in.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8977

If you don't figure it out from here, than..... :shrug03:

PS, im not trying to be a jerk, just having a little fun. We are a sarcastic bunch around here, so just take it in stride

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I'm just going to call it as I see it. We all make comments and review the products we have on our Jeeps - supporting vendor status or not - just because GetLost4x4 was a supporting vendor and now isn't doesn't mean those of us who have one can't talk about it. He just can't promote it himself, that's all.

As to the question. I have a GetLost4x4 winch bumper and a Bulldog winch. I love it. It's well built, durable, and takes a lot more off-road situations that the plastic one does. I went into a mud pit covered with a 3" layer of ice last winter - it would have cracked or broken my plastic bumper without question.

To answer your questions directly:

Who has found a good winch bumper for their Commander?
I did!

What brand is it?
GetLost4x4

Where'd you get it?
GetLost4x4 - (www.GetLost4x4.com) Although I think the site is now being reworked.

About how much did it run?
$800-900ish - depending on which one you want.

If you have questions, or want pics, let me know. I have some in my gallery in the pics, but I can repost as well.

In fact, here's one...

Edited to Add: I do not know of any other winch bumpers that are available for the XK in US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts