Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, wanted to see if anyone else has ever experience this with their commander. When driving down the road my drivers side door it sounds almost like the window is open the wind just howls through. I took it to dealer they adjusted door then proceeded to tell me that they couldnt adjust it the rest of the way because they diddnt have the tools. So, they sent me to MAACO to get the door finished. After visit and leaving maaco they tell me theres nothing they can do.....I signed my purchase agreement with that this issue would be resolved. What do i do or has anyone else had this issue before and they know the fix......

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
There is a piece of foam between the fender and door hinge. If its not there you could have some howling sound from that. If they cant fix it and you have the option to return it do it. Or threaten to return it. I bet they fix it then. Good luck, D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think your right sure enough i checked this morning and NO FOAM lol....passenger side was all good so when i go back I am going to talk to deal about getting foam insert and making sure door isnt hitting striker bolt and we may have majic!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mine I can feel air coming in against my arm while I drive but it's because somehow the weather stripping got ripped and chewed up and theres a big gap. it's about a $50 dollar fix. Easy to do yourself. Not sure about the foam thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a piece of foam between the fender and door hinge. If its not there you could have some howling sound from that. If they cant fix it and you have the option to return it do it. Or threaten to return it. I bet they fix it then. Good luck, D
OK, so question wonder where you find the foam?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts