Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Commander 3 weeks ago. Fell in love the looks and the interior size and feel.

The problem I am having is wind noise from the driver's side window and the front passenger side window at highway speeds (55 plus).

I added several Mopar accessories. Side air deflectors were part of it, I hoped that might alleviate the noise. It made no difference. There is no noise from rear passenger windows (also with air deflectors).

Is this common or are your Commanders quiet at highway speed?

·
Registered
85 Posts
My side air deflectors were so loud, I had to eventually take them off. The Sound was like one of the windows were open.The rear doors also with deflectors had no noise comming from them. My air deflectors were not OEM, but an aftermarket brand, but i'm sure they are made from the same company.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer I got my Commander from has resealed most of the windshields on the Commanders........I had the noise on the highway starting at about 50 mph, drove me crazy trying to figure out what it was, sounded like a piece of paper when it's stuck in your sweeper hose.....and it moved from side to side....... check with your dealer about the windshield sealant.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts