Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a master window switch and mirror switch that are not working. Both switches quit the same day without any symptoms. Checked the owners manual fuse diagrams and didn't notice anything labeled power windows or mirrors. Was wondering if a relay had went. If anyone has an idea of how to diagnosis this would be very helpful. 06 Base 3.7 commander

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a known-good unit from an '06 limited I'd be happy to send to you to swap and test.
you cover postage. if it fixes it for ya, pay me. if it doesn't, then send it back to me?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
The switches are complicated, and work on reversing circuit polarity according to which way you throw them. As well, they need to complete the circuit for the other switch when its in use. So its possible for one switch to go bad and for it NOT to let the other switch work. There's a dozen ways for the switch to malfunction and so people see different things when their switch fails.

Like mentioned, you could also have a problem elsewhere, fuse/cb or even the window motor itself.

BUT, the fact the aftermarket is selling replacement switch for Commanders/Grand Cherokee's lead me to believe there is enough demand for them. My switches are going as well, I'll need to replace them soon, I haven't had a window stuck down more than 30 seconds yet, but its becoming more and more common the switch doesn't work unless I gingerly apply force in varying degrees to get it to work. i.e. switches going bad is common on the Commander.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer may tag , but I will have to diagnostic the problem. Probably will end up buying a OEM switch for 30 bucks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts