Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a brand that matches the factory tint on the Jeep Commanders?

I had someone tint the front two windows last year. It matched from the outside but the inside looked a lot darker, and it was a different color. The factory tint looks like a light gray, while the front two windows looked dark green. I had the tint that the guy installed removed.

Now I'm looking to have them redone. I know I'm probably going to get 20% on the two windows, but what brand is a close match to the factory tint (gray)?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The tint guy didn't have any recommendations? You'd think someone that works with that stuff everyday would be fairly adept @ matching factory stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That does look good! I think the OP should try it a different tiny shop.

I have an appointment at a different tint shop next week.

They recommended 3M or SunTek.

Most shops that I've called said it's easy to match the shade on the outside, but the color on the inside can be more difficult.

I have read on other Jeep forums that people are having this same issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tint guy didn't have any recommendations? You'd think someone that works with that stuff everyday would be fairly adept @ matching factory stuff.

No, he didn't. He just said that it's hard to match. It looked so stupid from the inside that there was no way I was going to keep it on the windows. It made my other windows look like they didn't have any tint on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts