Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crazy as it sounds, I put a lift/level kit on my Commander and now the windows wont' work. The circuit contains the courtesy lights and glove box light which all work but I checked the fuse anyway - no issue. Power mirror switch is in the same module as the window switch and it works. I tried the posted reset procedures but nothing. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
16,134 Posts
@Hexman I doubt that the lift had anything to do with the windows not working. Is it just one window or all of them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Hexman I doubt that the lift had anything to do with the windows not working. Is it just one window or all of them?

I agree completely however part of the installation process requires removal of the under hood fuse boxes. Doesn't seem likely that would be it but it's all 4 windows.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4.7L V8
264 Posts
Check the driver side door wires inside the rubber loom. If the wires are stretched and coming apart that would cause it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the driver side door wires inside the rubber loom. If the wires are stretched and coming apart that would cause it.
Thanks, I plan to check that this weekend but none of the windows work and none of the window switches work.....

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4.7L V8
264 Posts
Sounds like a wire in the door, same thing happened to me. I think it's because the driver door has all the controls .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know how much this would help others installing a lift/level kit but you'll need to temporarily move the under hood fuse boxes and this is causing me to have some funky electrical problems after reassembling. Probably unavoidable with a 13 year old Commander. I guess just be careful when moving things and putting them back together.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crazy as it sounds, I put a lift/level kit on my Commander and now the windows wont' work. The circuit contains the courtesy lights and glove box light which all work but I checked the fuse anyway - no issue. Power mirror switch is in the same module as the window switch and it works. I tried the posted reset procedures but nothing. Any ideas?
Just finished fixxing the same issue on mine.

1st. First start with checking your fuses. Theres a body/ interiour fuse panel that contains a dome light fuse. And its located behind above the brake pedal on your left side. From what you've described it sounds like that fuse has blown. ( No front window controls, no mirror controls, no dome light/ courtesy lamp) : is what i was experiencing.

2nd.If no blown fuse is found check the wiring inside the boot from cab to driver door ( a lot of the time wires will get brittle and break after opening and closing the door many times).

Short of that, you may have a Driver Door Module that has gone bad.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts