Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the windshield wiper arm? Mine is set too low, so it misses where the two wipers meet at the top of the windshield. I removed the cap and bolt that was underneith (the cap) and couldn't get it to budge. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :alf:

·
Registered
282 Posts
havent had to take off the commanders yet. on my other cars i have taken the arms off to respray them black. squirt a little pb blaster or similar to loosen. sometimes it gets rusty. the spring tension keeps it from coming straight off. pull the arm up as if you were changing the blade. then wiggle it and it should come off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I tried that already, as it had worked on previous vehicles...but no such luck. :icon_confused: Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
There is a thread here with that info, Jeep5253 will most likely remember it (he has the mind of an elephant). I will look for it later, but try search with the word wiper

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
You can pick up a battery terminal puller tool at most any auto parts store for around $5... they work wonders at pulling wiper arms. Also, a bit of penetrating lubricant in the splines first never hurts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So then the removal process for the front windshield wipers are the same as the rear? I'll have to pick up one of those fancy battery terminal puller thingys... Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts