Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share my winter maintenance experience with my new Forum community.

I live 30 miles south of Erie PA in the lake-effect snow belt. The winter road conditions are horrible and my beautiful new 2008 Commander looks like a salted pretzel every other day!

My winter maintenance consists of a 4 or 5 minute "spray-off" in the coin operated pressure-watch bay at least three times a week or when the car is really well "salted". I pay special attention to the seams, wheels and under carriage. The result is not really clean and shiny, but the salt and road corrosives are not let to build up. I protect the interior with floor pans and carpet inserts to absorb the water and salt before it can attack the carpet.

My 2000 Cherokee with 7 winters and 165,000 miles was just traded without a spot of rust anywhere on the vehicle. Even the underside was in pretty good shape so I guess it works.

Nayth

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
At the end of the winter or when its warm you take a "back and forth" style sprinkler and put it under the jeep. You move it to a couple spots under the jeep to be sure you get all the under side good and salt free!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
We don't use salt in Arizona :) but those are some great ideas, any more?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts