Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve replaced my wiper blades twice, first with Goodyear Assurance (blade style) and the second time with Valvoline Silver series (traditional style wiper).

Both wiper blades worked smoothly for the first month or so, then they started chattering like crazy. I’m assuming it’s because the wipers are short and the windshield is relatively flat and up right.

I’m not interested in treating my windshield with any RainX type of product. With that said, can anyone recommend a good wiper blade that doesn’t chatter on the XK?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I use rainx washer fluid and that repels the water sufficiently without having to rub down the windshield. At night in the rain I don't even use my wipers because I can't even tell its raining because it repels and my lift made my lights point higher ultimately making it easier to see. My blades chatter but I hardly have to use them.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I've tried the Michellin, RainX, Bosch and Anco (?) blades. They all worked out similarly: ok for a little while and then one would start to chatter. Swapping them from one side to the other didn't work, neither did cleaning the blades with alcohol.. Finally, I just went to the dealer and bought some OEM blades. They have worked flawlessly for three months; not a skip or chatter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use Bosch. No problem been 2 years time to change them now. But I use the rainx stuff too.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I use Rain-x Latitude wipers, they are expensive, but they are great. But then again i use the Rain-x fluid and i rarely ever use the wipers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts