Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had an issue with the wiper fluid motor going out. Mine is full of fluid but does not work. is there any way for me to chech the motor or has anyone else experienced other problems.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
One member here had a problem with the fluid line becoming detached. Maybe that is what happened to yours.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But if the line became detached ....would not the fluid become as the ground (spill out)

Sorry had to add the Qui Chang version in my answer when I saw your avitar...cool by the way.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Perhaps, Glasshoppa. But all possibilities must be considered.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If all the fluid is still in the reservoir i'd have to say its the pump.

·
Registered
282 Posts
might be a crimp in the hose. ive had that happen b4. try disconnecting the hose by the resevoir to if fluid comes out when u hit the switch

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
might be a crimp in the hose. ive had that happen b4. try disconnecting the hose by the resevoir to if fluid comes out when u hit the switch
Never thought about that, but I still thing its something to do with the pump.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Or power is not getting to the pump. If you have a meter, you could check for voltage. I assume you already looked to be sure the wiring is intact.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Or power is not getting to the pump. If you have a meter, you could check for voltage. I assume you already looked to be sure the wiring is intact.
Exactly, thats why I think it has something to do with the pump.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont even know where to start taking things off to expose it to check the pump. Where is it? I am not a novice, but time is an issue since I will have to get in and out since my wife drives it and we have conflicting schedules. And why the H#$l do the car makers cover these motors with all that plastic crap anyway? Seems like most of it would trap heat rather than release it. and I dont even think I want to see what kind of crap has been collecting under it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
pumps are usually in the resevoir. in the bottom. part of it sticks out the side. the rest is inside. its probably held in by a rubber seal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts