Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Quick question: I just got a 2006 Jeep Commander XK Base and am in the process to trying to wire up some light bars. My question is where can I run the wire through the firewall to wire up the switches to a Steel Armadillo switch controller in the cubby on the left side of the wheel.

My issue is I have a 4.7L V8 and I cannot find an un used grommet like the Hemi and V6's have. So I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions about where to look before I go drilling holes in my car.

Thanks! and before anyone asks I will take a bunch of pictures of her once this rain lets up and the lighting is better:grin2:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have used the main pass through for the wire bundle going to the fuse panel on the left side. It is right by the steering column next to the exhaust.

I used a small pick to poke a hole in the soft rubber to run a couple wires through it.

I bought the same switch kit from SA for my lights also. There is a write up in the forums somewhere on it, thats where I got my idea from.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
Hey all,

Quick question: I just got a 2006 Jeep Commander XK Base and am in the process to trying to wire up some light bars. My question is where can I run the wire through the firewall to wire up the switches to a Steel Armadillo switch controller in the cubby on the left side of the wheel.

My issue is I have a 4.7L V8 and I cannot find an un used grommet like the Hemi and V6's have. So I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions about where to look before I go drilling holes in my car.

Thanks! and before anyone asks I will take a bunch of pictures of her once this rain lets up and the lighting is better:grin2:
Mk153smaw said:
I have used the main pass through for the wire bundle going to the fuse panel on the left side. It is right by the steering column next to the exhaust.
First off, welcome to the forum.

This is the easiest spot I can think of.

So, where are the pics vajeep?

I know it hasn't been raining for a month straight.....LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts