Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kids have been a little hard on the wireless headphones in the rear seats. I bought a couple from ebay and got a good deal on them, but have had to superglue them both now after they broke each one.

I have a 2007 Commander and find it a little weird that they didnt bother to have the option to used wired headphones if you wanted in addition to the wireless ones. Would save batteries for one thing. Plus they are a LOT cheaper to replace when broken.

I have been looking around the net for anyone who has made a modification to their rear DVD system to install a couple headphone jacks, but havent seen anything yet.

Has anyone here thought about it, researched it, or better yet DONE IT? Advice??

Thanks!

·
Registered
809 Posts
My kids took a toll on our wireless headphones to. Did the superglue, but it only handled another week of their abuse. Getting ready to open the headphone bands up again (the parts that aren't already broken open or missing), do a once-over with sandpaper, then fill them with epoxy resin. Won't be adjustable anymore, but the kids are the only ones that ever wear them and the headphones don't really fit anyways. If that doesn't work I'm only out $5, and will just start playing movies that I want to listen to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking there has to be a way to get the jacks in there. When it gets warmer out (its freakin freezing up here in BC now), like in the SPRING, i'll maybe try taking it apart to find the wires etc. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts