Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and to jeep ownership, but love my 08 commander so far.

Had an issue that a few have had regarding the key fob ignition sensor (the wireless ignition module) which I was able to diagnose with the help of this forum. It was replaced by a shop this weekend.

My question is for technicians/mechanics who are members: to get to the Wireless Ignition Module (part #5026296AF, per my receipt), would the repair shop have needed to remove any parts associated with my stereo/climate control console (the metal coverplate, black plastic surround plate) to access the replaced part?

Proximity is close and there is some damage that is new...want to be sure before I bring up with them rather than just jumping to the negative conclusion. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I installed my own and had to go in that area to connect to power, I can see no other reason for the dealer to work in that area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response....could you have done the work without at least popping off the coverplate for the stereo/climate control? That's the part with the most damage...looks like the metal face plate was creased, like you might do if prying it off.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Thanks for the response....could you have done the work without at least popping off the coverplate for the stereo/climate control? That's the part with the most damage...looks like the metal face plate was creased, like you might do if prying it off.
I had to remove the plate to tap into the hot wire, if you had the system install previously I would not know of any reason they would need back in there as the wire would not need to be removed, they would use the existing wire.

my guess is the dealer did not cause the damage but I didn't see it before you sent it in so I can not be certain of anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The module that was replaced was the stock (original) one...it went bad and began throwing "damaged key" and "wrong key" codes...so the original one from the factory was installed at tyime the vehicle was assembled, but I didn't have anotehr one installed before this repair (nor had their been any stereo or a/c - heater control work done). So, I'm assuming if you needed the cover plate off to do the install, they did, too....right? Hope that makes sense....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wireless Ignition Module question

I've asked a similar question in another thread, but I think it actually fits here better. Also, I'm new to the forum (and Jeep ownership), so go easy on me!

Had an issue that a few people have had regarding the key fob ignition sensor (the wireless ignition module that reads the key fob and let's the car start) in my 08 Commander which I was able to diagnose with the help of this forum.

It was replaced by a shop this weekend (the ignition module). My question is for technicians/mechanics who are members or anyone with a good understanding of the dash/center console area:

To get to the Wireless Ignition Module (part #5026296AF, per my receipt), would the repair shop have needed to remove any parts associated with my stereo/climate control console (the metal coverplate, black plastic surround plate) to access the replaced part?

Proximity is close and there is some damage that is new...don't want to jump to the negative conclusion, but it definitely looks like the cover plate (the metal one) was pried off the stereo/climate control console.
Any help is appreciated.
Thx.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Sal....so it seems no unless there is more to the sequence. Am I viewing correctly? Seems like it can all be done within the gauge cluster and the area surrounding the key receptor area, right?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts