Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am installing some Hella 700FF driving lights on my 2006 Unlimited.

I have done this same install on many other vehicles. The way I prefer to do it is to wire the lights, via a relay to the high beam circuit.
So if the driving light switch is on, the lights will come on with high beams and go back off when I dim them. I also usually swap the switch that comes with the lights for and on-off-on type. That way I can trigger the lights through the relay with the rocker switch and the factory headlights off, or use them as described above with the high beams.

My problem. My factory Commander manual does not show a fuse that the high beams operate through. It seems as if they get power from an ECU or smart (CANBUS) relay. The way I usually integrate lights is to use a fuse adapter that add a powered wire to the circuit.
The only option I see is to wire into (splice) the power wire to one of the high beams to trigger the relay.
That is my very least favorite way to do this. I hate using wire taps, and I don't want to deal with a soldered splice or the but connector 3 wires method. I hate cutting into factory wiring unless there is not other way, and it is reversible in the future.

Any advice of where to get high beam triggered power is appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dead forum? Not one reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts