Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody have the factory roof mount offroad lights on their Commander? If so where does the wiring run through the roof at? I'm fabbing some custom roof rack cross bars that im going to mount offroad lights to and i'm hoping theres a grommet hidden somewhere so i don't have to drill holes in the body.

Since this is my first post heres a recent pic of my Commander.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I ran mine down the factory rail. In the rear you can push it through the rail and into the door hatch area then behind the bumper. I grounded it to the frame behind the bumper and ran the positive wire under the vehicle, in places it wouldnt get pulled or damaged, to the engine bay where i wired a relay to the battery and a switch for the relay into the cab,

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I removed the front rail cap and drilled a hole. I then ran the wires down the A pillar.

·
Registered
275 Posts
No drilling needed the way I ran mine although the wire is longer going down the rear of the vehicle and back to the front. This requires my wire to be well sized to accomadate for voltage drop. Its not a big deal but something to think about. I used #10 wire.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I removed the front rail cap and drilled a hole. I then ran the wires down the A pillar.
Me too also..........I did the same thing.
If you have the Hemi, I believe there is a plug in the firewall you can run
the wires thru. If you do not have the Hemi, that plug is where the
throttle cable goes, so you have to A) Drill a hole to run the wire thru or
B) snake it through the rubber grommet behind the fuse block.

Then decide where to place the switch.

By the way, Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, i will probably end up drilling a hole and running it down the A pillar. Less chance of the wire getting damaged or grounding out on something.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts