Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I have going on, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Intermittently, my 2007 Jeep Commander, V6, will hesitate and bog down. It won't go any faster than approx 40mph even with the pedal pinned to the floor. While it is doing this, you can also not shift out of D (with the auto shift, won't go down to 4th, etc) but can still shift to N. If you stop, shut it off, and restart, it fixes the issue for a while, then it will do it again the next time it feels like it.
Is this an issue anyone else has come across? Net research shows it here and there, but never really says what the problem is. My gut feeling from some of the posts is something called an electronic shift module, or something to that effect. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you please tell me what ended up being the problem? This happened to my 2007 Jeep Commander today and I am hoping it is nothing major. Brining it to the dealership tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had this issue on and off for a couple months and decided to take it to a reputable transmission shop Dec. 2013 . They diagnosed it as a bad conductor plate and replaced it. Haven't had the issues since. Mine would actually get stuck in 2 or 3 gear. after shutting down and restarting, it would disappear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can anyone shed some light on the cost of repair w.labor? Is it something I can do myself in my garage with no lift? Mine is intermittently doing the same thing only after about 10-15seconds it downshifts and fixes itself. I don't want to be on the way to the beach this summer (6-8hr drive) and have this occur, it would be a nightmare! Luckily no major issues other than the intermittent bog down, although if this happens on a highway it could present a major safety issue. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
567 Posts
What tranny do you have? If you have the V6, then likely you have the NAG1, which have issues related to the conductor plate, according to the mechanic.
The repair cost me 469. The Plate was over 200.
This would be tough without a lift., but doable. The plate sits in the tranny above the valve body, and the valve body is what you're looking at when you drop the pan.
I'd talk to a trusted trans shop to see if they agree with this before attempting to replace, especially with no dtcs thrown. My fault codes were the speed sensors, which sit in the conductor plate.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep commander V6 AWD
2 Posts
Here's what I have going on, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Intermittently, my 2007 Jeep Commander, V6, will hesitate and bog down. It won't go any faster than approx 40mph even with the pedal pinned to the floor. While it is doing this, you can also not shift out of D (with the auto shift, won't go down to 4th, etc) but can still shift to N. If you stop, shut it off, and restart, it fixes the issue for a while, then it will do it again the next time it feels like it.
Is this an issue anyone else has come across? Net research shows it here and there, but never really says what the problem is. My gut feeling from some of the posts is something called an electronic shift module, or something to that effect. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
What did you ever find out with this issue? We have an 08 v6 and are currently haveing the same issue. I had the local Chrysler dealer work on it and they put in a new throttle body $$ and a week later it acted up again so we took it back and they said there were no codes. It has now been 3 weeks since they have had it and my wife said it stuck at 40 mph for her on the way to work. I am not sure what to do at this point

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
15,693 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Tex, does the little "lightning bolt" symbol flash on the dash? If yes, check to see if the harness is properly plugged into the TB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts