Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here:

Anyone know where I can get a Burlwood or Mahogany Gear shift Knob to replace the Original cheap plastic gear shift knob?

I have done some searching, but cant seem to find one. I don't care if its OEM or After-Market.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only real wood (Vavona burl) shifter I have seen is the one in the new 06 GC with the Overland package. This wood trim package also includes the shifter console bezels, steering wheel and front passangers' window control bezels and all are same parts used in a Commander. The Vavona burl will not match the plastic burl used in the Commander without a full swap of trim as noted. This complete swap is not cheap either. Parts alone will be in excess of $2,000. If I remember the shifter was around $200. I f you want part numbers I can post them if you wish. I too want the real wood look and currently this is the only option I am aware of. Give it time and either DC or after market suppliers will provide a trim kit/shifter replacement. Also look outside the brand to other DC products(ie Dodge Durago/Magnum or Chrysler 300). They all seem to share parts that may interchange. Good Luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fieldingfive said:
The only real wood (Vavona burl) shifter I have seen is the one in the new 06 GC with the Overland package. This wood trim package also includes the shifter console bezels, steering wheel and front passangers' window control bezels and all are same parts used in a Commander. The Vavona burl will not match the plastic burl used in the Commander without a full swap of trim as noted. This complete swap is not cheap either. Parts alone will be in excess of $2,000. If I remember the shifter was around $200. I f you want part numbers I can post them if you wish. I too want the real wood look and currently this is the only option I am aware of. Give it time and either DC or after market suppliers will provide a trim kit/shifter replacement. Also look outside the brand to other DC products(ie Dodge Durago/Magnum or Chrysler 300). They all seem to share parts that may interchange. Good Luck.
Hey:

Thanks very much for the informative post. Would you mind getting me a part number for just the gear shifter knob? If it looks good and matches somewhat close, I may purchase it. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts