Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Looks like mostly body damage - flip it over and drive on! Backstory?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm waiting for the details on his story. I wondered if he drove off the sides up top or what. He said it was a total loss although your right, it does not look that bad.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Dammm that sucks. Im hope I never have to check my tire pressure that way.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looks like a lot of ice and going downhill, so maybe he lost control and hit the embankment. Or he was testing his flex, show-off!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nebraska plates, his face doesn't look familiar.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Ouch!!!!..

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Well, as far as the original question: yes, that would be highly accurate.
Overcast day, no load on the tires....perfect for the highly anal retentive type.

I think the mounting fixture shown is leaning towards overkill though.
Rather expensive, difficult to store, seems rather excessive just to avoid bending down.

Sorry,
Just couldn't leave it alone......what a rotten situation.

Rob

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man, this fricken Pennzoil pop up is really irritating. I thought the lifetime membership removed those?

Anyway, the dude emailed me and said "That road is deceiving, it is long down hill accent and we lost traction coming down it. The ABS and all the other doo dads couldn't accept the fact that we needed to slow down. I was scrubbing the side of the road to reduce speed and we caught the bank and did a barrel roll. It was a weird accident for sure."

Good old Nebraska (Where I am born and raised)

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, as far as the original question: yes, that would be highly accurate.
Overcast day, no load on the tires....perfect for the highly anal retentive type.

I think the mounting fixture shown is leaning towards overkill though.
Rather expensive, difficult to store, seems rather excessive just to avoid bending down.

Sorry,
Just couldn't leave it alone......what a rotten situation.

Rob
It is possible it was an oversize tire and didn't fit? Or maybe it just looked good. Or maybe he is luckier than most of us and has a tall garage door....

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
how the hell? i can't even see how he did that. it doesn't look like he slid off the side hill at all.

its not like the commander is really tipsy, that blows my mind.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i must say though.

i hate ice and ABS. it doesn't work good at low speeds. i like it anywhere above 25mph though. to bad there is no way to disable it when you are four wheeling and still keep the traction control.

·
Registered
809 Posts
How on Earth are none of the windows shattered? 5000lbs balanced on the hood and windshield- shows off the durability of the Jeep!

·
Registered
117 Posts
That really stinks but like you guys said it doesn't appear to be a loss - and no damage to the windows or anything??? Ya roll it over and drive on - good time to have that decal on your tailgate window - "If you can read this....flip me over"
Hope he gets it going again..

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
That is really amazing, it seem to be very slow and smooth rollover !!! ,, Please ask him for some pics for the top after the accident to see how much damage happened which doesn't look much anyways !!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts