1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That tire/wheel package will work perfect with the 2 inch RC lift. That package will only stick out 0.1 inches further then my setup (265/70's and 1.25 inch wheel spacers). The only difference is my tires are a little over an inch taller then yours.

Tire 1..........Tire 2
Tire size 265/70-17 ..........245/70-17
Section width 265 mm (10.4'') ..........245 mm (9.6'')
Sidewall 186 mm (7.3'') ..........172 mm (6.8'')
Tire diameter 804 mm (31.7'') ..........776 mm (30.6'')

Speedometer Assuming that this is OEM tire and speedometer readings are correct When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 57.9mph (93.2km/h): 3.5% slower.
Clearance: Package 1 Package 2
Suspension Assuming that this is OEM wheel/tire and there is no any problems with clearance on both sides 100% clear (leaves even more room than OEM)
Fenders Package will stick out 3 mm (0.1'') farther. Acceptable for most cars.
Wheelwells 100% clear (leaves even more room than OEM)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any rubbing with your set up? I have thought and looked at this all day and I cant see why it wouldn't work but I am no expert. Thats why I came to the experts! To throw in another variable has anyone run 245's on 9 inch wide wheels. If so I am also going to look at the 17x9 XD Addicts....17x9, +18 offset, and a 5.71 backspacing. I really need to find a all black(or close to it) wheel that will widen the stance with zero rubbing. I HATE the way the factory wheels look with the RC lift.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I really dont have any rubbing with my setup unless totally flexed out while off roading. Only then does it rub a little on the flares in the rear. Since you would be installing a tire that is an inch shorter, you wont have any issues at all.

As for the 245's on a 9 inch wide wheel, I wouldnt recommend it. I know it has been done before and its possible to mount that tire size on that wheel but I feel that its not a smart idea. The wheel is just to wide for that size tire. Especially since other 245mm wide tires are generally more narrow then the stock Fortera 245's. Again, just my opinion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is kinda why I went with a 245/70. We want to be able to flex out but I dont want any rubbing at all. A goal is to attend a JeepSkool in the future and I dont want any rubbing at any point.
So it sounds like a 17x8 is what I need to stay with then. I would prefer that anyways just because that is what our 245's are designed for. Can anyone give me insight on what rubs on the caliper with the steel wheels? The wheel calculator says they should fit? I sent Black Rock a message on 2/18 asking them if they would fit but no response. Thats kinda a let down. At this point we just want all black wheels (or mostly black) that will be flush with the flares and no rubbing at all. Man this is fustrating...grrrr.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so the Black Rocks are out. This is a response I got from them...

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately we do not have a wheel that
will work on your Commander without any issues. The only way you can get
one of our wheels to work would be to run our Type 8 Series 997 in a
17x8" with 4.5" of backspacing and a 5/16" spacer. But this would make
the wheels stick out nearly 2.25" more than stock and we do not suggest
running a spacer.

Thanks,

Cody Currie
Black Rock Wheels
www.blackrockwheels.com

Square one........thanks 07JeepXK

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
The only way you can get
running a spacer.
Just run a spacer, many of us do with no problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe I am going to keep shopping and she what is out there....XD Spy's would work....hmmm

·
Registered
266 Posts
I believe I am going to keep shopping and she what is out there....XD Spy's would work....hmmm
that was totaly the rim i was going for and when i went into discount they never mentioned that it would not work ....and they have them for $105 a wheel .....
so i think its going to be 1.5 spacers for now and cooper STT 245x70/17

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may be able to run another XD wheel we wanted. Time will tell. My dealer is going to give me 175 for the five spoke gray and polished wheels and 175 for the polished 5 spoke wheel. Told me $250 (with the other wheels included) for a new set of Spy's mounted. Can I get more money out of factory wheels than that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I picked up some new wheels today. Pics to follow. They look SWEET!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
OK so the Black Rocks are out. This is a response I got from them...

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately we do not have a wheel that
will work on your Commander without any issues. The only way you can get
running a spacer.

Thanks,

Cody Currie
Black Rock Wheels
www.blackrockwheels.com

Square one........thanks 07JeepXK

Im confused. I can't think of any reason why you wouldnt be able to run those 17x8 Type 8 series 997 wheels. Did they give you a reason why they wouldnt work and why you would need the 5/16" spacer? Unless the wheels wouldnt clear the caliper or something.

I may be able to run another XD wheel we wanted. Time will tell. My dealer is going to give me 175 for the five spoke gray and polished wheels and 175 for the polished 5 spoke wheel. Told me $250 (with the other wheels included) for a new set of Spy's mounted. Can I get more money out of factory wheels than that?
Let me know how those SPY's work out for you. Im going to be helping my friend install a 4 inch BDS lift on his 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee this weekend and he's thinking about the SPY wheels in a 20x8.5 with 33x12.5 inch Kumho Road Venture MT KL71's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I started a new thread with pictures to show my setup since they are not the Black Rocks.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I started a new thread with pictures to show my setup since they are not the Black Rocks.
So you didn't end up getting the SPY wheels?

·
Registered
266 Posts
ill be going with Black Rock

ill be going with black Rock ( the alloy wheels ) D-windows 17x8 and 4.5 back spacing 0 offset ... with micky thompsons 265x70/17 ATZ's

but i amlooking around right now for better price then im gettn with 4wheel parts "1,800" wtf.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts