Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well about three weeks ago my hemi commander started having problems. The AC would start blowing warm air and then the car would die, usually on the freeway. Long story short it was in the dealership for 3 weeks, because they couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. After the first two weeks I told the service manager, that If this wasn't going to be fixed soon, we need to have it replaced with a new vehicle; he responded with: "Well I can tell you for sure that ain't gonna happen." Three weeks after the initial problem, and after much hassel they finally gave us a new commander exactly the same as the old one. Lets just hope this one doesn't have the same problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, that's awesome they gave you a new one. I never heard of that actually happening, haha Usually the just bandaid the hell out of it. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think the growing list of unhappy customers is exponentially growing at dealerships accross the U.S. ...
Especially when thousands of letters/email/bad reviews start showing up on DCX desks.

The DCX mothership better appease the masses before too much damage occurs. I wonder how the 2007 models will fare compared to 2006.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Chipster009 said:
I think the growing list of unhappy customers is exponentially growing at dealerships accross the U.S. ...
Especially when thousands of letters/email/bad reviews start showing up on DCX desks.

The DCX mothership better appease the masses before too much damage occurs. I wonder how the 2007 models will fare compared to 2006.
Chipster009 - You hit it right on the head! :D
- Everyone that is experiancing recurring issues with their XK needs to contact DCX and let them know of their dis-satisfaction.

I have submitted an e-mail to Jeep customer service and then called the number on the "auto-reply" e-mail. I spoke to a woman that listened for a few minutes to my long list of issues and then told me she would open up a case number. I am supposed to be receiving a call from the district manager... 2nd day and still waiting :rolleyes:

I will be calling again tomorrow. I have also scanned each of the 8 different invoices, each detailing from 2 to 9 items, and will be sending another e-mail with the documents attached to both Jeep and my dealership's owner.

I am really not looking for a replacement as I do really love the XK - I just want the darned thing to be fixed :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had several issues myself. Not only did we have the upper part of windshied resealed to stop whistle, they also had to replace one of the skylights which popped and shattered while driving on trip. Dealership confirmed it might have been a bad seal which caused some kind of vacuum (something like that). After picking up the vehical, I noticed the seal around glass is more substancial than the original. Pehaps others have experience this with other skylights. Can someone please tell me why in 2006 technology has been lost in installing glass at the factory? Like others, we really enjoy the JC, however additional warranty issues can soon change our enjoyment.

One more question...this JC was produced in May, can anyone post all Service Bulletins pertaining? Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My car dies while driving too! What a death trap. I was driving 50 mph, and it just shut off. I almost died!!!! What do I need to do to get a different car???? This is crazy!!!! What did they diagnose the problem as????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts