Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which are better? Which are newer? I'm having a hard time deciding, don't know which ones will handle better - I live in Los Angeles and drive mostly in the streets-- lots of potholes- but I do look forward to off roading a little bit..not too much..
W

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
The original Forteras are rated to be a 60,000 mile tire. At 36,000 miles, I had less than 1/4 tread left, so Goodyear prorated me a new set of tires in April. From what the dealer told me, Goodyear doesn't usually do this because I didn't buy the tires from them! Goodyear credited me $100.00 for each tire, so I can't complain. I bought Silent Armors, P255/65R17, one size bigger than stock. These are about 1/2" larger in both diameter and width, but there is no rubbing. They have a more agressive tread, and get the highest rating for snow (there is a mountain with snowflake on the sidewall), and are rated for 50,000 miles. They are a little louder on the highway, but they look bad a** on the Jeep. I did not cross shop for any other tire than these, as everthing I have read has been positive. I am extremely pleased with their performance, so far.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Duratrec

i went with the duratracs but i live in AZ and i try to get out and enjoy the jeep when possible. it is also my daily driver 30 miles one way to work.

i enjoy them and their not real loud but figured that for the price which is the same as the fortera's i get double duty ...thats worth it eaven if i get a bit less ltread life ....:headbang2:

·
Registered
422 Posts
If your more on the street and dont get out too much the Silent armors would be the better choice...unless you have the $$$ and want the extra rugged mall crawler look then the duratracs are for you.

Both are great tires but I would summerize the Silent armors can handle off road but are better on the street and the duratracs are good on the street and better off road.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've got a set of Silent Armors and they've treated me well. I Put about 3k miles a month on my car and only offroad maybe once a month or every other month. They are great on the highway and have never failed me on a trail or at the beach. I highly recommend them! Plus, they made the Jeep look soooo much better than the Forteras.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Go with the Wrangler Silent Armors. These are excellent tires. They are a little more aggressive than the Fortera Silent Armors and will hold their own when you do venture off-road. If we can help you with a set please let us know. We would love to earn your business.

-Travis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts