Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Com'on Uber, be nice. Next he will want skids:)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you happen to have the part number? i have seen them, but i don't know if they are actually oem.

thank you.

·
Administrator
15,241 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the front tow hooks off a 02 Liberty, had them for years. They look almost identical to the Commanders. I'll check in the morning if they fit, if so I'll sell them for a reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jahu said:
I have the front tow hooks off a 02 Liberty, had them for years. They look almost identical to the Commanders. I'll check in the morning if they fit, if so I'll sell them for a reasonable price.
if they are bolt up - sounds good.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
08XKLimited said:
would the chrome or the black look better on a limited?
It all depends on what you like. I prefer the chrome myself. I just ordered them from ebay for $110.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Alright so here's the results. I took off one of my hooks on the Commander and the liberty hooks hole don't match up, just a little smaller. The only thing is there's good metal behind where each of the new holes would be if you drilled. Here's a few picture showing them both. The metal from the libertys' looks thicker. The hooks are the same size. Anyway, if your interested I'll give em up for 30 bones plus whatever shipping is.
hooks 001 270x360.JPG

hooks 003 360x269.JPG

hooks 002 360x269.JPG

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
could you diagram where i would have to drill? i have not looked to see where/how they would mount yet.

thank you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I tried to take more pics but the lower facia is in the way so that probably wouldn't do you any good. Not knowing if the holes are already drilled in the frame on a model that doesn't come with tow hooks it would just be as simple as holding the hook up to the frame marking the 3 mounting holes and drilling threw. And by simple I really mean this would be quite the task only because you would probably have to pull of the front facia maybe even the front bumper. So I will leave you with the question are you mechanically inclined enough to save yourself a few bucks by doing all this yourself, because my guess is this would probably cost to much in labor for the dealership to do this. Is the juice worth the squeeze?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.