Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 6disc changer without aux in port. Looking to buy a the single disc version with aux in. Code REC I think...

Anyone have one lying around?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the 6disc changer without aux in port. Looking to buy a the single disc version with aux in. Code REC I think...

Anyone have one lying around?
I have an RER MyGig available if you want to go that route. Let me know if you're interested :thumbsup:

Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can use any Chrysler head unit from 2006-2010. The ones that do not have satellite radio are the ones that come with an AUX input. I purchased one off a 2006 on eBay for $55.

Sorry I don't have one to give you but I went through the exact same issue on my 07 Commander. It took me about 20 minutes to remove the dash and install, it's plug and play and fits perfectly and works fine.

I use a TaoTronics bluetooth adapter that I attached to the dashboard for bluetooth, I just bought a 6-inch 90 degree aux cord, attached it to the bluetooth piece, and once every couple weeks I have to charge it but its a great workaround while still retaining OEM quality.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Erick, your solution is what I prefer.

TwoBobs, thanks for the offer but searched around briefly...Looks like I will need a $300 adapter and some dash trim plate trimming to do. I'm not ready for that yet.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
Thread closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.