Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
The Mopar bull bar is still available, do a a Google search ($375-450-ish) but you could probably do better checking out JBA's 4xGuard Matrix. As for the Mopar tail light guards, best of luck. They're out of production. I've been trying to get my hands on a set for about 3 years. I've gotten my dealer to search dealer stock nationwide AND Mopar stock: no one has them. I know if I actually found a pair, I'd pay any price under $500.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you ever find the Mopar Grill guard? I have looked everywhere Mopar parts are sold and they all say discontinued. Any idea who actually sells them anymore?

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Keep an eye on eBay. I see them every once and awhile. Also keep nagging your dealer parts counter, they can usually find one in dealer stock somewhere. I have a friend who is a master welder and he thinks the tail light guards would be relatively easy to replicate. I've done some small projects with casting scrap aluminum, if I had a set I could probably make a mold, but I can't make any promises. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ironically I see the mopar tail guards on eBay quite often, as far as the bull bar, just about ever mopar dealer site has them for "order" but trust me there are none in stock. I have placed mabye 7 ordered in last year for the tubular grill guard and after a few day get a phone call or email apologizing that they are none available and that I'll be receiving a refund.
One thing I relized is the the mopar grille guard is an appliqué so it not a part we will see on the second hand market like the tail light guards.
I have looked into matrix system and its roughly same price give or take, although it's better quality, and actually functional, it just doesn't have the same ascetic appeal.
Funny thing is there seem to be an influx of grille guards for the liberty, which they even use the stock commander pic! I have asked but was told it wouldn't work on commander, I kinda bet it would with slight modification, but 500.00 is a bit high if I cannot know for sure.
Sorry for the run on paragraph just aggravating that every time I see a commander with the mopar grill guard advertised it's usually for liberty or discontinued. ( I'm betting there are a ton still out there in some Chrysler warehouse or the used the tube and changed the appliqué so they could use on liberty..

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm here in Buffalo NY and ive checked every dealer, wholesaler, junkyard and 0. I want the bumper guard bad. That's like my finishing touch so if anyone god for sake finds some let me know please!!!! Greatly appreciated
MY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts