Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up/down grading and selling some OME HD's? :stickpoke:

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's the direction I'm headed in. Rusty's springs + Rusty's strut spacer + Bilstein 4600s in the front + Monroe load levelers in the rear. I was all set to order everything but had emergency back surgery last week so I can't do the install for at least a few months. And I'm not looking to pay someone else to do it. Saving money is half the reason I didn't just pony up the cash for the OME. If you do get the Rusty's springs installed before I get around to it, make sure to post pics.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
That's the direction I'm headed in. Rusty's springs + Rusty's strut spacer + Bilstein 4600s in the front + Monroe load levelers in the rear. I was all set to order everything but had emergency back surgery last week so I can't do the install for at least a few months. And I'm not looking to pay someone else to do it. Saving money is half the reason I didn't just pony up the cash for the OME. If you do get the Rusty's springs installed before I get around to it, make sure to post pics.
I've got rear rustys springs and a handful of extra isolators, as well as bilstein 5100's and rustys strut spacer sitting in my garage for weeks... Maybe this will be the weekend my wife gives me free time? Fingers crossed. :rofl:

The 5100's are already installed @ 1.5" lift, and it rubs a tad when loaded down or flexed out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got rear rustys springs and a handful of extra isolators, as well as bilstein 5100's and rustys strut spacer sitting in my garage for weeks... Maybe this will be the weekend my wife gives me free time? Fingers crossed. :rofl:

The 5100's are already installed @ 1.5" lift, and it rubs a tad when loaded down or flexed out.
Pics when you get it put together. I thought about the 5100s but decided on saving money. Do you have spacers or did you try the pinch weld mod?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Pics when you get it put together. I thought about the 5100s but decided on saving money. Do you have spacers or did you try the pinch weld mod?
I have wheels with reduced backspacing which gives me the equivalent of a 1" spacer IIRC (5.39" backspacing 9" wide wheel) and I have done the pinchweld mod yes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow I haven't been on here in a while. Rusty's huh? I'll have to look at it, though the sale is probably over

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I am sitting @ 21.5" front and 22" rear currently with my 5100's set @ 2" and Rusty's strut spacer in the front.

In the rear I have Rusty's springs, 2 additional coil spring isolators on each side, Bilstein 5125's (26" extended), clearanced gas tank skid for droop. Way more rear travel now.

Some crappy night pics

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dropped the hammer on those Rusty's springs. B-) Now just waiting to get a pair of 5100's and some monroe LL and ill be doing another lift job. Bye Bye spacers

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is anyone running Rusty's 2" spring up front ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I was talking to you about it on FB, but I bought the Rusty's for the price, couldn't beat it.
I'm fixing to buy the Superlift, and plan on selling my full Old Man Emu HD lift kit when it comes off, but won't be till Dec

·
Registered
143 Posts
I sent Coach a PM that I'd be interested in his OME HD parts, is he takes them off... but haven't heard anything back. I'd still be interested, since Holiday went a different direction.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts