Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm in the market for sport utility bars and a roof box cargo carrier:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/bbjeep2/roboxcaca15c.html

The box is a tad expensive, but I will need something like it for the summer months at least. My question is, how easily do you guys think it would be to sell after I've used it, and what kind of price should I expect to get after using it? I've tried eBay, but haven't found much in the last 2 months.

I'd love to buy the stuff used, but once again, haven't seen any floating around. Suggestions?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Re: Resale on Roof Box Cargo Carrier, etc

I'm just guessing, but you might get $250-$300. More if you find someone like yourself who really wants one and can save a few bucks by buying yours. Due to the size, you might only be able to sell locally due to shipping costs and requirements. I would certainly recommend saving any shipping container it came in for possible use with a resale. All of the above is straight guess work on my part.

Now, for what I REALLY know. If you want to pay a commission to eBay, it will probably sell there at the right price. However, before going that route, I would try www.craigslist.com. I can't believe the amount of stuff I've unloaded there and best of all, it's FREE. If you haven't used Craigslist, they have pages setup for local advertising. Cash and carry with no freight problems.

Good Luck...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks. I've never checked out Craigslist; I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
57 Posts

dirts said:
Hi guys. I'm in the market for sport utility bars and a roof box cargo carrier:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/bbjeep2/roboxcaca15c.html

The box is a tad expensive, but I will need something like it for the summer months at least. My question is, how easily do you guys think it would be to sell after I've used it, and what kind of price should I expect to get after using it? I've tried eBay, but haven't found much in the last 2 months.

I'd love to buy the stuff used, but once again, haven't seen any floating around. Suggestions?
I have a THULE Cargo Box Model 673B.

http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/product.asp?dept_id=11&sku=673

I purchased the adapters so that it could be carried on my XK with the factory crossrails. I have only used it once. We carried our clothes and blankets in it. We put them in cloth luggage and then in plastic garbage bags because we weren't completly compfortable trusting the cargo box was water proof. After leaving the clothes and other items in the box for about a month (thru many hard rains) the interior of the box was totally dry The plastic bags still had the dust on them.

I have the original adapters, and the new adapters for the Commander, and the Thule Cargo box. I will sell all for $400.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.