Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for any brand roof cargo basket and either bike mounts for the basket or hitch bike carrier (for 4 bikes preferred) for my 2006 Commander. I'm on a budget so I'm willing to entertain old and rusty. I don't have the factory cross bars, so if the basket requires them I guess I'd be in the market for those as well. Thanks for your time.

Edit: Located in Pittsburgh, PA.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mongo. I found "Allen Sports Deluxe 4-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (2-Inch Receiver)" on Amazon for $120 shipped but I was hoping help someone clean the unused items out of the back of their garage and put a few bucks in their pocket at the same time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found both of these items on Craigslist. I'm now in search of Thule 460 foot pack and 3040 fit kit.

*Admins: Should I make a separate post? I didn't see any way to delete this one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
craigslist

I scored a great Yakima Load warrior basket for the roof on craigslist for $100. Keep searching there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bagsy. I've setup Craigslist email alerts for the Thule 460 foot pack and 3040 fit kit but no luck just yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I managed to get decent deals on both the Thule 460 foot pack and 3040 fit kit on ebay after some patience. In conjunction with the Curt basket (including extension) and 58" Thule bars via Craigslist I'll be mounting my basket this weekend!

This thread can be deleted if anyone has permissions to do so. Even tho I created it, there doesn't appear to be anyway I can modify the subject or delete it entirely. Thanks all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For Sale

So after all that, the Jeep won't fit in the garage with the bars on top. The wife won't have that and insists I sell it as the cost isn't worth the return. So, if anyone is somewhat local, here's the listing for everything but the Curt basket, which I just haven't gotten around to take photos of yet.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/5344267705.html

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update - Thule bars and feet sold. I just have the Curt basket with extension and Curt cargo net remaining. Asking $125 for both.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update - I was able to pick up a set of OEM crossbars for cheap, so I've decided to keep this basket for now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.