Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a oem driver's front seat bottom cover, in saddle brown leather.

My 07 drivers seat back is fine... but the portion that you place your butt on is really cracking. The prior owner did an OK job at filling the cracks with a repair kit... but if I can find a replacement, it cant be too hard to swap it out.

If anyone has a factory cover in good or new condition, let me know.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for that link. So it would be the same stitching and everything? I tried to check it out but the website seems to be having problems. I initially saw that they offered some color options for the XK but didn't see an option for saddle brown. Hopefully their site will work better later...but I'm guessing I'd have to call them to find a saddle brown option. They just show black grey and tan.

Ideally, I'm trying to get a new cover without putting out 400 bucks : )

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
Thanks for that link. So it would be the same stitching and everything? I tried to check it out but the website seems to be having problems. I initially saw that they offered some color options for the XK but didn't see an option for saddle brown. Hopefully their site will work better later...but I'm guessing I'd have to call them to find a saddle brown option. They just show black grey and tan.

Ideally, I'm trying to get a new cover without putting out 400 bucks : )
It says that if you don't see your option to give them a call. The Saddle Brown was a kind of special color and not widely used in the Commanders. I believe it was only used in the Limited model that had certain options.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd be interested in purchasing one as well. I've put 40k miles on mine since I bought it last spring, and the left side of the driver's lower (which is vinyl / Naugahyde, not leather) is cracking all to pieces.
So if you have any luck getting the info, maybe there's a small-ish group-buy we could put-together?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's exactly where my lower is cracking, on that left outer most piece of the cover. I didn't realize that it was made of a "pleather" like material. Mine has a bunch of cracks that the previous owner matched very well, only where it is patched, the filler materiel is peeling up and coming off.

I'm going to give them a call on Monday... and see what they get for a lower cover. I'll ask if they offer any sort of discount, if we have a few people that need one. I'm guessing that unless we had quite a few were not going to get a better price, but it never hurts to ask.

If you go on the Chrysler factory parts web site, the cover is listed at $398.75 plus shipping. It seems to be the same for left and right side. I'm guessing its the same number for other years besides 2007 ...but that was the way I entered the search criteria.

part # 1FZ081UYAA

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/productSearch.aspx?&ukey_make=1064&modelYear=2007&ukey_model=15527&ukey_trimLevel=18579&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_Category=0&numResults=50&sortOrder=Relevance&isOnSale=0&isAccessory=0&isPerformance=0&searchTerm=cover%20%20front%20seat%20cushion%20left%20saddle%20brown

1 - 6 of 6 Posts