Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
What do they go for? I no longer use mine since my spare is too big so I might be willing to take it off if it's worth it

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I got a new one in 2010, from the dealer, I think it was somewhere between $60-$85 then.

Have you tried spraying WD-40 all in it and let it soak a couple of days?

Its only a few bolts to pull it. they go through to the underside, so use silicone RTV to keep water from leaking in. One bolt goes through the 3rd row seats, meaning its a interference bolt to keep it from loosen up (safety standards) and it will be a bear to remove, i.e. it will be tight the entire unbolting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a new one in 2010, from the dealer, I think it was somewhere between $60-$85 then.

Have you tried spraying WD-40 all in it and let it soak a couple of days?

Its only a few bolts to pull it. they go through to the underside, so use silicone RTV to keep water from leaking in. One bolt goes through the 3rd row seats, meaning its a interference bolt to keep it from loosen up (safety standards) and it will be a bear to remove, i.e. it will be tight the entire unbolting.
I took it off hoping to do this, but the cable somehow got wrapped around itself inside the winch and was splitting and bending different dirrections

1 - 7 of 7 Posts