Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the satin trim off the overland package(if it is satin on the XKs-WKs are satin) I currently have the chrome trim and would like to trade it for the satin color to match my wheels.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I'm looking for the satin trim off the overland package(if it is satin on the XKs-WKs are satin) I currently have the chrome trim and would like to trade it for the satin color to match my wheels.
07 was the first year for the XK Overland. It had the Platinum (satin) trim and 07 was the only year for this, so this fact will narrow your search. You may have to buy new from dealer, or possibly find a wrecked one or two to get all of the parts you would need: grill, doors, tail gate, roof rack - not sure about the bolt heads on the flares. For 08 and 09, the Overlands went with chrome trim like the Limited, but the black part of the grill is a diamond plate-like mesh (similar to SRT8 GC), not the black bars. I have the 08 Overland grill because I prefer the look. Good luck.:eek:rangehat:

·
Super Moderator
14,949 Posts
07 was the first year for the XK Overland. It had the Platinum (satin) trim and 07 was the only year for this, so this fact will narrow your search. You may have to buy new from dealer, or possibly find a wrecked one or two to get all of the parts you would need: grill, doors, tail gate, roof rack - not sure about the bolt heads on the flares. For 08 and 09, the Overlands went with chrome trim like the Limited, but the black part of the grill is a diamond plate-like mesh (similar to SRT8 GC), not the black bars. I have the 08 Overland grill because I prefer the look. Good luck.:eek:rangehat:
There was an 2006 Overland and it had the platinum trim.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
There was an 2006 Overland and it had the platinum trim.
For model year 2006, there were only 2 Commanders: Commander (3 trim levels: S,T, and U) and Commander Limited. In 2007, Commander became Commander Sport, and the Overland was added above the Limited. 2007 was the only year for Platinum trim. Overland was discontinued for 2010.:eek:rangehat:

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
For model year 2006, there were only 2 Commanders: Commander (3 trim levels: S,T, and U) and Commander Limited. In 2007, Commander became Commander Sport, and the Overland was added above the Limited. 2007 was the only year for Platinum trim. Overland was discontinued for 2010.:eek:rangehat:
You are correct sir! I was looking at that also and found the Overland only in the second pricing of the 2007 Model year specs. No mention of it at all in the entire 2006 model production run. Also listed as a new model for the 2007 Year in the salespersons information book.:ugh2:

·
Super Moderator
14,949 Posts
Yep, you are right. My bad.:bowdown:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the tips! how much did that 08 mesh style grill cost you Dhh3?

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
thanks for the tips! how much did that 08 mesh style grill cost you Dhh3?
I save everything, but I can't find the sales slip. I purchased two years ago, but I think it was around $200. Sorry that I can't be more specific.:eek:rangehat:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.