Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to trade the "bolt head" style flares from my stone white limited for a set of "smooth" style flares without the bolts. I'm in South Florida and am happy to meet up or trade via UPS or whatever.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would like to trade the "bolt head" style flares from my stone white limited for a set of "smooth" style flares without the bolts. I'm in South Florida and am happy to meet up or trade via UPS or whatever.

Will trade you my smooth blue ones lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
indeed! I plan on repainting my jeep anyway. so do you want to trade?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm... let me think about that. brandon428 expressed interest in trading me his white flares. I had planned on bedlining the bumpers and flares anyway but since his flares match mine, now I'm thinking of saving the bedliner money for other mods at least for the time being.

·
Registered
321 Posts
hmmm... let me think about that. brandon428 expressed interest in trading me his white flares. I had planned on bedlining the bumpers and flares anyway but since his flares match mine, now I'm thinking of saving the bedliner money for other mods at least for the time being.

Sounds good man, just teext or call me and let me know how everything works out. 843-503-2845

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at least for now, I'm going to continue holding out for a set of white "smooth" flares. c'mon who wants to trader for by "bolt head" flares?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone? oleblue27, I'm starting to consider trading with you and just painting the flares black

·
Registered
321 Posts
anyone? oleblue27, I'm starting to consider trading with you and just painting the flares black
I just realized that I cut the front ones off cause I did the front bumper mod that salxk did to his.. It doesnt look bad at all, they are just shorter in the front. I attached a photo. I did this so I could run 33's on my 2 inch lift. I dont know if you run a lift with offroad tires, but in my opinion this mod made it look so much better. And it only took me about 45 mins to do. I just left the bumper on, taped where I was cutting, and cut it with a dremel.

IMG_0088.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks nice. I saw that on salxk's and liked it. I think I'm holding out for a steel bumper at some point so I will pass on your flares, not knowing how they may or may not line up with the new bumper. do you have a thread anywhere describing what you had to do to get 33s on the 2-inch lift and any issues?

·
Registered
321 Posts
looks nice. I saw that on salxk's and liked it. I think I'm holding out for a steel bumper at some point so I will pass on your flares, not knowing how they may or may not line up with the new bumper. do you have a thread anywhere describing what you had to do to get 33s on the 2-inch lift and any issues?
Alright thats fine. But all I did was completely grind out the pinch weld, then i remolded the crap out of the wheel wells. then I cut the bumper and Voila! One day I'm going to reroute my ac lines that go to the back, but for right now I'm just going to get a hose coupler and couple the heat lines so i can mold my linger even more, cause I rub slightly at full lock when I hit a bump.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CKB3, just sent you a PM. MCee67, CKB3 is much closer to me but I will let you know if it doesn't work out. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts