Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a set of new wheels and tires for awhile now and I think I have finally found some. I am going to go with 265x65x18 Revo 2's. I think they will fit with my rocky road lift, but I am not sure. Anyone out there know fo sho?
I am also looking at the 18x9 XD Monster rims in black with a +18 offset. Anyone running this combo or know if it will rub? I appreciate any help
thanks
rdubs20

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a 2" lift and I think my Revo 2's are 265/70/17 (31.5" x 10") on the stock rims.

I do fairly serious off road and have never had an issue

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That tire size will definately fit on your Commander. Depending on the width/offset of the wheels you decide to go with, you might have minor rubbing. This is easily fixed by bending over the pinch weld and triming or re molding the plastic inner fender well.

They wheels you mentioned will work perfectly too since they have 5.7 inches of back spacing. Just be aware that you are mounting a narrow tire on a wider wheel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i'm running 265/65/17 on M/T Sidebitters with a -12 offset. i have a little rubbing at full turn, but nothing major. if you dont want to trim anything just turn a little wider.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
i'm running 265/65/17 on M/T Sidebitters with a -12 offset. i have a little rubbing at full turn, but nothing major. if you dont want to trim anything just turn a little wider.
I assume your lifted correct? He mentioned a wheel with positive offset so it wont stick out past the fender flares. As we all know, the further in the wheel/tire sits the less rubbing you'll have. Thats as long as you clear the ball joint bolt obviously.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for all the help.
with the offset of +18 stick out past the fender or will it be even? Is anyone running those rims and what do you think about them?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
thanks guys for all the help.
with the offset of +18 stick out past the fender or will it be even? Is anyone running those rims and what do you think about them?
+18mm offset will not stick out past the fender. They will be even.

How do you like the Revo 2's. they look like they have a nice aggressive sidewall
I have a set of 255/70R17's Bridgestone Dueler REVO AT's that I would sell to you for a lot cheaper then what it would cost you for the new version of the REVO's. They were only on the Commander for a few months and are almost brand new. I replaced them with my current tires as I wanted a Mud Terrain. You could run them on the stock wheel with absolutely no rubbing or modification of the wheel well what so ever. Im also located in Upstate NY.

·
Registered
266 Posts
How do you like the Revo 2's. they look like they have a nice aggressive sidewall
I love these tires. Dead silent on the street, pretty damn good on the trails. not sure about snow yet. I live in BC and it rains a lot here so I got the Revo's because they are excelant in the rain. Not too hot in the mud though. Squids has some mud tires but very loud on the street, just depends what is important to you. My Jeep is my office and I spend a lot of time on the pavement

·
Registered
266 Posts
I might be interested. How much? will they fit without spacers?
I have mine on stock rims. It cost me $1100 installed Canadian$

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I might be interested. How much? will they fit without spacers?
Probablly $350 plus shipping. Depending on where you live in NY we could possibly meet half way. If not shipping shouldnt be all that bad since were in the same state. The tires will fit without spacers and have absolutely no rubbing. Meaning you dont have to do any modification of the pinch weld or inner fender well. They are in excellent condition and practically brand new. Only installed for a few months and were rotated while on the XK. If you are interested, I can PM you a few pictures. Also they are amazing in the snow. Just let me know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I assume your lifted correct? He mentioned a wheel with positive offset so it wont stick out past the fender flares. As we all know, the further in the wheel/tire sits the less rubbing you'll have. Thats as long as you clear the ball joint bolt obviously.
thats correct i'm lifted. i always get confused with the offsets. i wish i sent you a message before i got my tires i wouldnt be rubbin. the dude a discount gave me some bad info.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Are you refering to the wheel spacers or the 1/4 leveling spacers?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
wheel spacers sorry
I love the wheel spacers. They give the commander that wider stance that makes it look like a bada$$ 4x4. I havent had any problems with them either. You just have to pay attention to the instructions that are provided with the spacers. If they are under/over torqued you could have problems. My tires/wheel sit a hair past the fender flares and give the clearance for the 265/70's to clear the ball joint bolt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts