Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

I've got my XH back from the dealer and she's back on the road. Get Lost told me to get a lift so I'm asking...

Has anyone put a lift on their international XH Commander, if so which kit did you use?

The reason I ask is the US built XK may have different suspension settings to that of the XH.

I'm also getting 24mpg @ 70mph since getting it back????? (and I covered 150miles in it today)...strange!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
XH and XK suspensions are exactly the same,, I got the Old Man Emu 2" lift. and I know some other XHs owners got some other spacer lift kits ordered from US and fitted well.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Ahmed,

I knew if someone knew something about this it would be you!

You're a credit to this forum :)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I would recommend OME also. I helped Lonestar install his OME lift this weekend. Took it for a little ride after and man that ride was smooth.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I say OME! you need a winch mount too! I'd love to see that in England. Didn't they outlaw Grill Guards over there too!
Grill gaurds have been banned on all new SUV's since May 2007, there's not really need for them over here and as our roads are smaller here there's the issue of pedestrians getting in the way more often.

Most SUV's here are Mom mobiles...driven by half-wit moms with no regard to others or any idea of the car they are driving!

I'd love a winch, but again there's not much use for one over here, I could tie a winch to the wife to stop her going too far though!

A lift is good enough for me. I was on a construction site today, and I know for a fact that the Cayenne would have got stuck, that's why I need a good lift as I'm up and down wind farm sites most weeks now....and they can be real rough on the underside at times.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
sounds good. are you going to stick some nice meaty tires on it as well?

i'll warn you now. you are going to become addicted. soon you'll be giving that woosee porsche to your wife.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
If all what you want is a "lift" then I don't suggest the OME due to its price (around $800) and it gives more than a lift! it make the suspension little harder and better on handling rough offroad terrains.

I got the OME because I drive somehow fast on sand dunes and in that case I need stiffer suspension to hold it from jumping and keeps the car under control.

So if all what you need is higher ride then go with spacer lift kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts