Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pretty new to the forum and I have been doing alot of looking around and reading to see what mods I would like the most on my XK , I used the search , and found that the clear corners were very rare and only found on European or Australian XK's, well I happen to be in Baghdad, Iraq right now and have even gone as far as having my interpreters going to local dealerships trying to find these euro headlights, A mass majority of Iraqi vehicles come from all over Europe while I was working to day I happened to see 3 XKs todays and all had the orange turn lights I happened to take a pic or too so we can try to clarify that Euro XK's don't come with clear light turn signals all available input would be much appreciated I REALLY WANT THESE HEADLIGHTS!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I would assume that there were some model year changes or the vehicle equipment code in Iraq is different than say Australia.

Can you confirm that the Iraq Commander is known as an XH or is also an XK like here in the States? In Australia & Europe it is known as the XH which could be the difference in the lenses.

Dose the Iraq model have a visable radio antenna or is the antenna inside the rear passenger compartment glass like the other XH models?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im really beating myself up over this Ive been searching everywhere for these darn headlights out of the 3 I saw one was a 06 3.7 pictured above and the rest were 07 or up 4.7L so Im at a lost to get these things shoul i attempt calling a Australian dealer to get them I mean is that my only hope

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think that is the only hope. I have also searched all over. The front turn signal and headlight are one big piece. I think that is why the aftermarket industry never jumped on this. If you want a new clear signal you are getting a new headlight. My right front is cracked and need a new one. See if the UK guys can help me out.

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
I would assume that there were some model year changes or the vehicle equipment code in Iraq is different than say Australia.

Can you confirm that the Iraq Commander is known as an HK or is also an XK like here in the States? In Australia & Europe it is known as the HK which could be the difference in the lenses.

Dose the Iraq model have a visable radio antenna or is the antenna inside the rear passenger compartment glass like the other HK models?
That's XH not HK, 49er.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I found out that the headlight and turn signal was one piece o have no problems getting a set of new headlights but where to get them is the question i think i might be searching for some Australian dealer numbers tonight because i cant think of any other options ??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Can you confirm that the Iraq Commander is known as an HK or is also an XK like here in the States? In Australia & Europe it is known as the HK which could be the difference in the lenses.

Dose the Iraq model have a visable radio antenna or is the antenna inside the rear passenger compartment glass like the other HK models?

that info will be very hard to find out seeing i cant speak Arabic very well and our interpreters dont know squat about cars haha but its a good point

·
Registered
696 Posts
I dont think Iraq will have them honestly. I think getting them from the UK or South Africa members on this site will be the easiest way. How come nobody else has done that? Nobody wants them that bad?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anyone reading this thread has any ideas or solid info about getting these headlights im sure USMC and I would greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well everyone there is light at the end of the tunnel finally after lots of cigarettes and headaches and being depressed that i would never find these headlights i have good news I was searching on Google and found the part number and manufacturer for the headlights with clear turns the part number is #55079075AB , the manufacturer is VALEO SYLVANIA now mind you the part number is for a left front or drivers side headlight only I will be contacting European dealers and or Australian dealers tonight to get some prices for you guys a little hard work and determination and boo bam i got a lead ( sorry i feel like a CSI detective that just found a fingerprint) lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
well everyone there is light at the end of the tunnel finally after lots of cigarettes and headaches and being depressed that i would never find these headlights i have good news I was searching on Google and found the part number and manufacturer for the headlights with clear turns the part number is #55079075AB , the manufacturer is VALEO SYLVANIA now mind you the part number is for a left front or drivers side headlight only I will be contacting European dealers and or Australian dealers tonight to get some prices for you guys a little hard work and determination and boo bam i got a lead ( sorry i feel like a CSI detective that just found a fingerprint) lol
here is an idea for you..
all the Arabian Gulf region (Kuwait, Suadi, UAE, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain..etc) gets the XH version with the clear corner lights (they call it: XH with Gulf specs). If you are still in Iraq, and manage to travel to one of these countries (let's say Kuwait), it will be easy to buy these from any jeep dealer... or maybe a friend in Kuwait can do that, since that is the closest place to you.

Iraq is a different case, since most cars are coming directly from the USA.

I live in Dubai and all the commanders XH that we get here are same as Europe .. clear corner light... and I have to admit.. they look much better than the orange ones!!
The XH here also has the heavy duty engine fan pre-installed (because of the hot weather that we have here)

One thing I'm not sure about, if the XH and XK has the same front light harness. I know that the rear lights harness is diffferent, but not sure about the front one!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
So now that you have located the light assemblies, what about the bulbs for the turn signals. I've never seen what kind of bulb is used, but you will need amber bulbs if the lense is clear.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Funny, I've never seen a spare bulb kit. I also never knew it was actually illegal over there to drive with a blown bulb. How much is that in USD ?
14.10 British pounds = 21.44 US dollars

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
The best option for you to get the clear lights from Kuwait,, but don't expect to be cheap as you have to buy the whole headlight assembly.

One thing I'm not sure about, if the XH and XK has the same front light harness. I know that the rear lights harness is diffferent, but not sure about the front one!!
hosnims .. you are not correct about the rear light harness .. I gave my XH rear lights to my friend who has an XK and we swapped the lights without any problems .. my XH rear lights worked in his XK Commander and his XK rear lights worked in my XH Commander.... Same harness.

I did this because I sold the Commander, otherwise I would not do that as the XH look much better.

From that experience, I would expect that the front lights might have the same harness as well .... but not sure.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I emailed dealers in South Africa and in the UK and didnt even get a reply. Next time I am in South Africa on vacation I think I am just going to buy a bunch and bring them back and sell them.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I've seen this subject on the forum before and always had the same question... What about the bulb for the headlight...??? Euro spec headlights use the H4 bulb while USA DOT approved headlights use 9006 bulbs. Also, the beam patterns are different between Euro headlights and US. Any thoughts?

:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yeah, this sounds like way too much trouble and money just to have clear lenses, at least for myself. Let us know what you finally come up with.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts