Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the rack on! I put the rack on yesterday for the heck of it which means the XK had to sit outside. This morning when my wife came home from the gym, she pulled right in the garage forgetting that the rack was on. My first reaction was, great, RR lift has failed - but a quick look around the vehicle and all looks in tact. It barely made it in slightly rubbing the frame of the garage - so I'm guessing that it is due to the following - vehicle out overnight in CO, so tire pressure slightly down, and the tires are almost a year old now, so some tread has been lost...anything else "mechanical" I should consider or look at?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Yah, make sure the garage door is still operable and safe.:banana_hitit:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Maybe the XK started to shrink in the cold? If you garage is warm make sure it will fit back out. LOL

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the funny thing is, when she pulled in the garage, she realized the rack was on, so she pulled it back out and left in the driveway...:)

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
If its cold, tire pressure could lower it enough.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Maybe the XK started to shrink in the cold? If you garage is warm make sure it will fit back out. LOL

Who of us hasn't had some shrinkage in the cold... ;) :rofl:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Like a frightened turtle.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
This sounds like a Seinfeld episode. I was swimming!!!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I got mine in the garage today:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
LOL, how do you get out of your door???
Had to go out the window. I will have to move the work bench to the back wall I guess.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I set myself up for the cold/shrinkage comments...I guess I'll wait until the summer to let you know if it still fits then :)

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Why is this in the Suspension / Tire Section. For a minute I thought I was in the wrong section!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
49er, if you climb over the roof to the back you can climb in the rear lift gate to get in but in the future I would just pull in forward to avoid climbing over the roof. LOL

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Why is this in the Suspension / Tire Section. For a minute I thought I was in the wrong section!
Guessing he put it here because the he was discussing the height due to the lift (suspension). Often threads are posted where the OP thinks they fit best and the thread goes a different direction and becomes something else. This might end up as general discussion but could fit in a couple different places including where it is.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guessing he put it here because the he was discussing the height due to the lift (suspension). Often threads are posted where the OP thinks they fit best and the thread goes a different direction and becomes something else. This might end up as general discussion but could fit in a couple different places including where it is.
That was exactly my thinking 49er - with respect to tires/lift/rack - probably could have gone in general, but my original question was if there was any thing else to look at with respect to the suspension on why it would of fit now beyond tire wear and tire pressure contraction in the cold - mainly because of the failures some have had with the RR lift. Wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts