Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not the best pic, but I finally took the XK out on a small trail behind some homes here near work knowing it would be muddy...I've never had MTs on a vehicle before, and wow, it is amazing how they pull you...mud is fun!

Added one more photo, this is how I got mud on the roof...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
They are a bit noisy, but they REALLY pay off in the mud, especially compared to the stock tires.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Did you change your gearing with the larger tires?

·
Registered
378 Posts
The second pic is actually amazingly good. I'd have to guess by the first that the shooter just got lucky. With the quality of digital cameras nowadays, even if you're not a great photog you'll get lucky from time to time.

I'd love a link in higher res.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ped4599 - Didn't change gearing, I was running 265/70/17 before the MTs.

Briandl - the first phot was a raw cell phone photo - the second was actually a digital camera and the image was touched up in photoshop, or whatever the guy here at work uses.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Muddy Day

So I am looking for a particular species of tree for my research. The class divides up the quadrant of the county and each takes a n-s road and an e-w road. We are advised "these are gravel roads and it might be a bit muddy". A "bit" muddy, ha! Some sections of the road were near impassable. Being without a means to get unstuck and traveling solo I had to err on the side of caution. Some portions of the road I barely got through. Sometimes I just gave up and drove through the cornfield because it was better than the road! Some of the roads are still covered in a few feet of snow with sloppy mud underneath. I do love rooster tailin mud though!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Mud Terrains, that's all have to say about that......:stickpoke:!!!!!!!LOL

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Jeeps always look better with a little mud!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Sorry yanser, did not mean to do any injustice to your thread, I sorrry!!!!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I love to get my XK dirty. I also like it clean. I haven't washed it in almost 3 weeks. It is getting a bath this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
He has ATs. I'd like to get a crack at the muddy roads he was on!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Some info on gearing for the 3.7 would be nice!:)
There are several threads here that talk about the gearing...although I havent been on any of those discussions for a while and i dont think any one has actually went ahead and changed their gears.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts