Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure on the location of this post being correct but i figure the majority of members would see it and possibly figure out a solution easier. About two weeks ago i was driving my xk down the highway when all of a sudden the A.B.S., traction control and stability management lights all came on at the same time. note, a few days prior it felt as if my traction was kicking in at weird times such as when on dry pavement. Also I have found that my cruise control works only when it wants to now.
My xk is an 07, and i have read the service bulletin pertaining to the PCM on the 06 models. has anyone else ran into a similar issue? or potential solution

My xk is an 07 sport with a 3.7 V6 also note that i do have it lifted running 255/70/17 mud terrains if that makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Shouldn't make a difference. Get it into the dealer and have them plug it into the computer and pull the codes.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I would have the dealer look at it, that's what a warranty period is for.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have scheduled an appt for my dealer, but it's a week away so i am trying to gain as much knowledge beforehand so i am without my jeep for as little as possible. as for my warranty, i fell just outside of the factory warranty a month after i purchased it. i did however pick up a warranty through auto company services which looks like it should cover everything the factory warranty does, however i have not used it since i bought the vehicle and am not sure if they will cover a reprogramming if needed?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
try calling a different dealership to see if they can get you in sooner. i have the same model, but no problems with mine.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
In some cases, after a lift the wheel sensors that control all the things you noted (Traction control/abs and cruise) need to be recalibrated. I would make sure that is something they take a look at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts