Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got back from a week in the OBX. We managed to find some OHV beach access trails still open, but there are many closed now...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I am still in Outer Banks. We took the jeeps out on the beach past corolla.

I took a picture of a grey commander on the beach.

I will post pictures when I get home.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bob123,

I went in down around Salvo. We went south exploring and went on Jeep access number 30. We went down to check out 34, but it was closed. We also checked out some of the trails on the sound side. We never made it up to Corolla. We were staying in South Nags head just above Oregon Inlet.

·
Registered
707 Posts
We are in the southern shores area now.

There were two vehicles that were stuck in the soft deep sand. One was the AWD Buick and another was the Toyota RAV 4. They just did not have the ground clearance like we did.

·
Registered
735 Posts
your son should have tore the sign down and you could have went and act like you never saw it. lol but i love the pic with the thumbs down next 2 the sign we should be able to drive where ever we want we have jeeps come on now. that should be the law Jeeps Explore Everywhere Possible

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
LOL Great pic with the thumbs down!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I love the thumbs down pic, but it looks to me like only CJ and Wranglers were not allowed, the sign doesn't look like a Commander.-43:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. We really enjoyed driving where we were allowed. We are talking about staying up in corolla next time where you need a 4x4 to get to your house! :D :cool:

·
Registered
735 Posts
it sux i was supposed to go to obx august 24th-30th but i am going to punta conta august 15th-22nd and i couldnt get out of work 2 weeks in a row. wish i was in high school again and i got the commander as my first car to take it out on all the trips. who owns a delorian?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts