Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think that the XK suspension a little bouncy? Would swapping out the shock resolve that problem or is it the springs.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I have not found this to be a problem but if yours is soft them it could be fixed by the replacement of either the shocks or springs, obviously the shocks are the cheaper of the two to replace. The spring replacement would give you a much firmer ride.

·
Registered
331 Posts
you're tripping, jones.

the xk is TOTALLY floaty. like a Buick FFS.

pgoty, get yourself some bilstein front struts *( same as they sell for the WK) and replace the rear shocks when you do your lift, too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed 2.25" lift from Rocky Road and their shocks. It bounces and rebounds pretty bad, I think. Does anyone else have this prob? How can I fix it?

·
2,248 Posts
I actually had the opposite problem. With all the weight from the extra gas tank, 35 gallons of gas, the storage compartment full of stuff including a winch. This made the rear springs compress to the point that they bottomed out on a dip or bump. I replaced them with some 4 inch taller springs that I got from Phunkeydude. Now it rides much better and does not bottom out at all. The longer shocks that I put on when they installed the 2 inch lift still worked fine with the 4 inch lift. The bottom hard rubber spacers were trashed as many others on the forum have also noticed.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I just installed 2.25" lift from Rocky Road and their shocks. It bounces and rebounds pretty bad, I think. Does anyone else have this prob? How can I fix it?
I did not have this propbelm and I have the same lift, go back and make sure you put everything together correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts