Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i think this should be checked out, what options you have, motor, tires, wheels, bumpers, cargo and the amount of gas you have in your tank

front: 2860
rear: 2460
total: 5320

special accesories: t-max winch on winch bumper
motor:4.7
wheels and tires: stock 5-spoke wheels with 1.5" spacers, BFG 32" tires
gas: 3/4 tank
other: spare tire on board, winch and strap parts, recovery gear.

i used a truck scale in town, i used the pillar between the doors as the middle point for the jeep.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
These XK's sure are heavy.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have been thinking about starting a lightening project when I am out of warranty. I have not looked into it much, but I think I could get this thing to drop some serious weight. It's quite a while out until I start something like that though. (50k miles)

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
BigPoppaJNutZ said:
I have been thinking about starting a lightening project when I am out of warranty. I have not looked into it much, but I think I could get this thing to drop some serious weight. It's quite a while out until I start something like that though. (50k miles)
Removing the third row is a good start. They are pretty heavy.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I am doing that in 2 months, and maybe the 2nd row as well on a temp basis for moving some stuff out here to Philly from Connecticut. Plus, if I go on the camping trip in Sept, it would make for a nice sleeper setup.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
4.7commander said:
my third row is removed. it weighs about 100 lbs. my back almost broke with it.
100 lbs! Crap thats a lot. I was figuring 60-70 lbs. Those are coming out for sure. Thanks

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I really want to go, it's just a matter of where things stand with work. I "should" be able to make it, but sometimes the schedule gets changed and therefore my life doesn't matter any longer. It is such a pain.

As of now I am planning on going for at least Saturday night.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts