Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has pictures of their Commander with Rubicon Wheels and tires, please post them. Looking for some side views.

Can you run 255/75-17 with the Rough Country 2" lift? I have the Rough Country 2" lift with 1/2" additional Rocky Road leveling plates in the front.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your Jeep looks good with the rims and tires. I was wondering if the BF Goodrich or Goodyear mud tires would be too much but it's not. How much did your road noise increase?

My Commander runs with Labs too. We have a Black & Yellow, we adopted both of them from Lab Rescue here in Virginia.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Coupla sweeties!

To be honest, we don't run the mud tires all the time. The road noise is annoying - especially when compared to the nice, quiet ride of the Jeep stock. I found some new Goodyear Wrangler AT/S 265/70/17 on Craigslist and mounted them on the stock chrome-look wheels. I swap out for the weekends when going off-road.

The mudders would be ok just driving around town, but any serious road trip needs to have the Goodyears on.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Coupla sweeties!

To be honest, we don't run the mud tires all the time. The road noise is annoying - especially when compared to the nice, quiet ride of the Jeep stock. I found some new Goodyear Wrangler AT/S 265/70/17 on Craigslist and mounted them on the stock chrome-look wheels. I swap out for the weekends when going off-road.

The mudders would be ok just driving around town, but any serious road trip needs to have the Goodyears on.

I was wondering about the noise, I may need to settle for some good AT style tires. Thanks for the info.

I just noticed you show ARB Onboard Air. I mounted mine up by the brake reservoir, where did you mount yours?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've ran the BFG Km series on my trucks before for taking them into the field when hunting and the road noise does'nt seem to be a problem as long as you keep up on the tire rotation ( a must the BfgG's are such a soft rubber compound that they tend to chop very easy) . For a Mudd Terrain they seem to be on the lower end of the road noise besides the goodyear wrangler mt W/ kevlar.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't know about quieter side, they are drastically louder than my old AT's but as soon as we get off the pavement I wouldn't trade them for anything. I too though will be picking up a second set of tires and wheels to run on the highway though

·
Registered
284 Posts
agreed, i was expecting a bit more noise, but they are loud after a while. If I was the only one driving it, I would not mind it because I like how much better it looks

·
Registered
417 Posts
They're from MOPAR and I hate them for off-roading. Gonna try to convince the wife to get super sliders before long.

WOOF!!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
They're from MOPAR and I hate them for off-roading. Gonna try to convince the wife to get super sliders before long.

WOOF!!
X2! I can't stand mine. I want the 4xgaurd rails.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finally took some pics of the Rubicon wheels and the Rocky Road Super Sliders. Waiting for the stock sized tires to wear out, then either 255/75-17 MTs or 265/70-17 ATs. Or has anyone run 275/70-17s on a 2" lifted Commander with the front leveling plates?
The Rocky Road Super Sliders are flat black powdercoat, excuse the Jeep being dirty.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks great ! Did you put the MOAB's on before lift ?? Curious to know if they will fit with stock tire size and no lift..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great ! Did you put the MOAB's on before lift ?? Curious to know if they will fit with stock tire size and no lift..
17" MOABs, after my lift and after my wheel spacers. The thing I like about the MOABs is they are much easier to clean than the stock wheels. Less nooks and crannies.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i get a lot of complimentson on the Moab rims looks great on the commander

1 - 19 of 19 Posts