1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
How do we know this download is clean ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I downloaded and scanned with McAfee, nothing found. Still doesn't mean it's completely safe though I guess.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Is the manual in English or Russian? :)

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
You have my word. I, personally, have repacked it from rar. And, honestly, I've been expecting a bit different reaction.
Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Just downloaded this file...

It's safe :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Looks good! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Awesome. Good find!

·
Registered
104 Posts
You have my word. I, personally, have repacked it from rar. And, honestly, I've been expecting a bit different reaction.
Spacibo, Droog!

I apologize if people seemed to be skeptical or ungrateful; we've become quite suspicious over the last 20 years of downloading anything (which is good), and especially of things that come from Russia; there's been a lot of piracy, hacking and virus building there recently.

That said, thank you VERY MUCH Tovarish!

Warm regards!

-RH

I have scanned this file with ZoneAlarm antivirus and Malwarebytes; the Malwarebytes log is below confirming its malicious software free.

Database version: v2013.11.26.12

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16476
Ryan :: ROJERRAMJET [administrator]

12/15/2013 1:29:23 PM
mbam-log-2013-12-15 (13-29-23).txt

Scan type: Custom scan (C:\Users\Ryan\Downloads\Jeep_Commander_XK_2006-2010_Service_Manual.zip|)
Scan options enabled: File System | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | Heuristics/Extra | P2P
Objects scanned: 1
Time elapsed: 3 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
we've become quite suspicious
I see. The fears are perfectly understandable. I too wouldn't trust to a stranger if he offers me something for free if that something normally have a price.
Why I did that is because of:
- I can't understand why Chrysler hides the details of maintenance that are important for long life of their trucks
- We've paid enough to keep paying for something that we can do ourselves for free
- I think that this publication won't affect to the dealerships income in any case, just because 99% of XK owner will keep sorting out their problems with the help of stealerships.
- $150 (or so) I've paid for Service Manual at ebay IS inhuman for this kind of data

Besides, I love my truck and was suffering without the manual, like many others do, I think.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd be happy to send it to you, however, no e-mail client that I'm aware of will send a 150+ megabyte file.

I may be able to use my server to set up a FTP client, or, I could burn it to disk and mail it to you.

Your choice.

-RH

·
Registered
55 Posts
Haven't posted here in some time, but this would really do me well. Any way I can get a site to obtain this from or a disk with it on it? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts