Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove past one of Central Florida's large auto auctions last night and saw at least two commanders sitting in the auction line. It kind of hit me as strange that they would make it to the auction house so soon. Could be they were rebuilt from salvage. I guess this in addition to seeing more and more commander on the road each day means they are no longer unique. I see more XKs on my way to and from work each day than I used to see in a week.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Creek said:
Drove past one of Central Florida's large auto auctions last night and saw at least two commanders sitting in the auction line. It kind of hit me as strange that they would make it to the auction house so soon. Could be they were rebuilt from salvage. I guess this in addition to seeing more and more commander on the road each day means they are no longer unique. I see more XKs on my way to and from work each day than I used to see in a week.
Some dealers (especially now when they don't even have room for the new cars) send any used vehicles straight to auction.

I saw five Commanders in a distance of less than two miles while I was on the way to work this morning.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think the incentives and warranties are making them more appealing. I was the only one in my neighborhood and now there are three Commanders. One is a black limited just like mine. Ugh! But....with the Mega Warrior I put on and the lift, rims & tires this Friday, I will be the Queen of the neighborhood once again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Creek said:
They could be insurance, or flood cars.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Or rental fleet disposals.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought mine site-unseen through my dealership at an auction. It was a former rental that was used twice, then the company went bankrupt. If it had more than the 2,000km on it that it did when I bought it, I wouldn't have purchased a rental. There's all sorts of reasons why they'd be up for auction.

·
Registered
331 Posts
repo's are usually disposed of at auctions, cars traded at off make dealers get auctioned, sometimes wholesalers just buy those type of cars and send them straight to the block.

I work at a big Nissan Dealer. We traded a commander against an Armada, and the wholesaler took it to the auction and got $1500 more than he gave us for it....just for bearing the risk of it, and transporting it. Some wholesalers may have placed that at a Jeep dealer they have a relationship with instead. It's an intricate business.

·
Registered
193 Posts
tcc11tcc said:
I think the incentives and warranties are making them more appealing. I was the only one in my neighborhood and now there are three Commanders. One is a black limited just like mine. Ugh! But....with the Mega Warrior I put on and the lift, rims & tires this Friday, I will be the Queen of the neighborhood once again.
Man, I know the feeling. I HATE seeing other Black Limited Commanders when I'm out. Especially when they don't wave!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts