Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. Well I recently started looking into rims. I was originally really into the whole 22" urban look. After looking through all the cool wheel/tire combinations on this site, I have been swayed a bit. I now am looking to put on a 2" lift with a nice wheel/tire combo. I will probably go with 18"-20" rims with a good size tire. My question is what wheel material (didn't know what other word to use lol) is best for year-round use? I really don't want to drop all this money on chrome rims that I can only use for 3 months and then go back to stock the rest of the year (New England weather can get pretty nasty). I also don't really want to go with chrome rims because they are a bit too shiny for my truck (most of the truck is black). I am looking for a nice, clean, low maintenance rim that will survive year-round weather for years to come. Any ideas? Brand recommendations are welcome as well. Thanks.

p.s. I have seen the AEV rims. They are nice but a bit too small for me. Despite this, the look of those rims (as in material they are made from) is somewhat close to what I want (except bigger/a little more aggressive).

·
Registered
43 Posts
look into teflon coated wheels. they cost a little more but are supposed to be good for all seasons

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I looked into the Teflon wheels you suggested. In doing so, I saw a bunch 22" Teflon rims. Now I am stuck again. Since I could have these on year round, I don't know whether to do 18" rims with big tires or 22" rims. One reason I am swayed towards the 22"s is that I have never seen anyone run this sized rim with Teflon. Any technical downsides on running the bigger rim size (except personal preference)? I would be getting a 2" lift prior to installing either combo, so thats not going to be a problem. Also, would the 22"s last through the elements equally compared to a smaller size (talking about Teflon rims only)? Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts