Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we went to my mom's house up in montana for mother's day. on the way back home we took a 4 hour detour through yellowstone. here's a few pictures.

a really weird elk. must only be a year old. i've only seen a few like this that did not drop their antlers. i couldn't get any good pictures of the ones growing theirs back with velvet.


 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and this snow drift was deep. the snow is still really deep and yellowstone lake is still completely frozen over. its crazy. its the middle of may.




thats all we took. we've seen buffalo enough to come out our butts forever.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,914 Posts
4.7commander said:
and this snow drift was deep. the snow is still really deep and yellowstone lake is still completely frozen over. its crazy. its the middle of may.
And yet the polar ice is melting at a record pace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,021 Posts
great pics 4.7....someone like myself who has grow up in the west never gets to see anything like that....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Great pics. We don't have that much snow left down here, but we I heard the other day that river flows are at normal peak runoff levels and the snow pack up high is still 150%. It is a strange year. And I gotta say, that bumper turned out terrific! I am saving my pennies, nickles, dimes AND quarters.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,578 Posts
Thanks for sharing another great outing with us. Now quite goofing off and get that rear bumper finished so I only have to make one trip up there. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,789 Posts
That is some deep snow!!! Love seeing wildlife. Thanks for sharing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Thanks for sharing another great outing with us. Now quite goofing off and get that rear bumper finished so I only have to make one trip up there. :)
And the front skid plate for the same reasons!

Nice pics, similar to when I was up there three years ago. Definitely want to go again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
I need to get out to the mountains soon. Those pics are making want to play:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
Don't forget the rails... It costs a lot to drive anywhere nowadays!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Really good nature shots, gotta love seeing wildlife and beautiful landscapes. The picture of the snow next to the road is unbelievable, we do not get snow like that in NJ, really cool, JD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Gonna top 100 degrees here by Friday. I must say, that is the ugliest picture of an elk I have ever seen. But hey, you got to see him in person. I'll be up to visit when the rear bumper/tire carrier is done.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there were elk with velvet on their horns, but i couldn't get close enough to take pictures with any quality. sorry, this one was an ugly freak so i took a picture of him. poor guy, hows he ever going to hit on the lady's if he's ugly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,789 Posts
4.7commander said:
there were elk with velvet on their horns, but i couldn't get close enough to take pictures with any quality. sorry, this one was an ugly freak so i took a picture of him. poor guy, hows he ever going to hit on the lady's if he's ugly.
He might be packing (If you know what I mean)!!! :D
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top