Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know tire size is one of the most covered things on this board, but i also know that the TRUE size of a tire varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and tread type to tread type.

That being said, i've been looking at the BFG MT KM2 in a 245/70/17 size. Anybody else run this tire without a lift or spacers? I am concerned about the large side lugs hitting the infamous bolt and wanted to check it out before i ordered the tires.

Also, another option i had was to get 255/75/17 for about $50 less a tire than the other size. With the difference in money i would get the 2-inch lift to help. I read that this rubs, but does it rub worse with or without spacers? I would like to avoid spacers if possible

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The 245/70R17 KM2 will fit on a stock commander without rubbing. As for the 255/75R17 and a 2 inch lift you will have minimal rubbing that can easily be fixed by a little triming of the inner fender wells. I dont think you can fit that size without a spacer due to the width. Dont quote me on that though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the info. I was looking through the lift/tire/spacer poll and saw a few that said they ran 255/75/17 with spacers and a few who said they didn't so i hope to have a few of them chime in.

I can either get the 245/70/17 BFG KM2's and leave it stock, or for the same price as just those tires i can get 255/75/17 BFG regular KM's and the 2-inch spacer. But if i have to get spacers also it will put the price of them higher than i can spend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts